Alarm Clock stopped working?

Berliner24

Reaction score
Hey guys,

My alarm clock just won't work. I set the time, turn the volume up, it says that it is set for "8 hours from now" (or whatever it may be), and then it just doesn't go off in the morning. I'll wake up on my own like 10 minutes after it was supposed to go off, and the main screen still says the day and time it was supposed to go off.

Anyone else run into this problem? Any fixes?

Thanks

icculusX

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Thank god you get up within 10 minutes anyway! Are you rooted? What ROM? Have you chosen a alarm sound? Make sure you choose the alarm sound and can hear it in the choose window (use volume rocker to chang evolume)...

Other than that i dono, never had this issue.

OP
B

Berliner24

Reaction score
Honestly, I don't know what half the stuff you just said means. I did a search on this problem, and I saw others have this issue. One possible solution I saw was to change the settings in my phone so that it "stays awake" while charging. We'll see if that works.

r1nstang

Reaction score
on the main screen for alarm. hit MENU and go into settings. if "alarm in silent mode" is checked....uncheck it. For some reason thats always defaulted as checked when i do a fresh install

OP
B

Berliner24

Reaction score
on the main screen for alarm. hit MENU and go into settings. if "alarm in silent mode" is checked....uncheck it. For some reason thats always defaulted as checked when i do a fresh install

... but I want the alarm to go off when the phone is in silent mode. I put my phone on silent at night.

fatpat3

Reaction score

... but I want the alarm to go off when the phone is in silent mode. I put my phone on silent at night.

ya, the same thing happens to me. i got a new droid after my first one broke and the alarm was suppose to go off at 8 and it didnt even when i set the "alarm in silent mode" on. try setting it in vibrate mode, thats what i do now and it works fine

r1nstang

Reaction score

right. but if that box is checked then it puts the alarm on silent....meaning it doesnt go off. at least thats how its always worked for me.

mad3963

Reaction score

right. but if that box is checked then it puts the alarm on silent....meaning it doesnt go off. at least thats how its always worked for me.

No, if that is checked, it is supposed to allow the alarm to sound EVEN when the phone is in Silent Mode. Been working perfectly for me since I got the Droid on release day.

Taegost

Reaction score
Silent mode doesn't usually silence "Media", which is what the alarm uses.
Also, do you use a task killer that is set to automatically kill the alarm? If that is so, then it won't be running to wake you up.

r1nstang

Reaction score

No, if that is checked, it is supposed to allow the alarm to sound EVEN when the phone is in Silent Mode. Been working perfectly for me since I got the Droid on release day.

oh ok. I never have my phone in silent mode when i go to bed. learn something new everyday. But I swear if i have it checked..it doesnt go off the next day and im late for work haha

Silent mode doesn't usually silence "Media", which is what the alarm uses.
Also, do you use a task killer that is set to automatically kill the alarm? If that is so, then it won't be running to wake you up.

i didnt even think about that. make sure you add alarm to the ignore list

Taegost

Reaction score
Yeah, that bit about the task killer is from experience :) good thing I use three alarms in the morning!

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

jbguillo

Reaction score
Mine didn't work, but then I found out that by accident I selected "Vibrate" in the set alarm menu...it seems to disable the ringer and it will only vibrate. I un-checked it, and it works like a charm now.