After FroYo comes - Gingerbread

RinTinTigger

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
android-gingerbread.jpg

On the google's IO, they launched WebM, a multimedia web-project. In the FAQ of this product, there are some interesting lines:

When will other Google products support WebM and VP8?
WebM support in Android is expected in the Gingerbread release (currently planned for Q4, 2010). We expect many other Google products to adopt WebM and VP8 as they prioritize it with their other product requirements. Keep an eye on the WebM blog for announcements.
So its for sure now, that next Android Version will be called "gingerbread". But it is not sure yet, if it will be 2.3, or even a major update, like 3 or something like that.

RinTinTigger
via

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
WOW google is pumping out htese updates like nobody's business. That will be 4 updates in a single year.

Droidfish

Reaction score
Nice... Thanks Rin.

I hope they hold true to their dates(like they have in the past) either way google seems to be making all the right moves lately while other companies seem to be hurting themselves. It's gonna take a heck of a lot to pull me away from android in the future.

armeddroid

Reaction score

ahhh nice...thanks RTT!!

Just watched this part:

Vic G from Google IO was saying that they felt great about the HTML5 drive and it was great to see YOUTUBE get on it and it was nice to see Steve Jobs jump on it too..although that probably came from a late email one night
and while the crowd laughed about it
he says
Hey, we will take all the help we can get
lol
geez

Malvado

DF News Team/Mod
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
funny...i posted info about this and a list of codenames android will use in its future updatesaway before 2.1 was out...but i guess its the admins and mods posts that counts