Advice with 2 GMail Accounts

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I have 2 GMail accounts, one which is my primary one and one I created last year when I starting using Google Sync with my BB Storm. When I got the Droid, I made my primary email the main one, however it took every address from the address book and put it on my Droid. So, I went back to factory defaults and I then made my secondary G Mail account my primary. I don't like this because my Google Voice I use is attached to my main GMail account.

What I need to know if I go back to using my primary GMail account is these things:

1. Can I somehow "hide" those contacts I don't want them to sync with my Droid?

2. Can I swap primary GMail accounts without doing the factory reset

3. When I download programs from the Market, I know that when you do the factory reset, it will see what you have purchased or downloaded with that account. Can I somehow "copy" wherever the list of apps from where my current GMail account are stored and have them be synced up on the one I would like to make primary?

Does anyone even understand what I'm trying to ask here?:icon_eek::icon_eek:

calicocal

Reaction score
I know if you are at your contacts list and you hit the menu button there will be an option that says display options. From there you can choose if you want contacts from your google account, facebook, ect to be displayed.

As far as the other two go I have no idea.

OB1J3D1

Reaction score
I have 2 GMail accounts, one which is my primary one and one I created last year when I starting using Google Sync with my BB Storm. When I got the Droid, I made my primary email the main one, however it took every address from the address book and put it on my Droid. So, I went back to factory defaults and I then made my secondary G Mail account my primary. I don't like this because my Google Voice I use is attached to my main GMail account.

What I need to know if I go back to using my primary GMail account is these things:

1. Can I somehow "hide" those contacts I don't want them to sync with my Droid?

2. Can I swap primary GMail accounts without doing the factory reset

3. When I download programs from the Market, I know that when you do the factory reset, it will see what you have purchased or downloaded with that account. Can I somehow "copy" wherever the list of apps from where my current GMail account are stored and have them be synced up on the one I would like to make primary?

Does anyone even understand what I'm trying to ask here?:icon_eek::icon_eek:

1. I don't think you can hide them but you can manage them via a computer, just sign into that account and hit contacts.

2. not to my knowledge.

3. no idea on this one.

jacobrv

Reaction score
For #1
On the Droid -> Settings -> Accounts & Sync -> Pick Your Gmail Account -> Uncheck Sync Contacts

For #2
On the Droid -> Settings -> Accounts & Sync -> Add Account
(This is not switching, just having 2 at once. Not sure how well it works, never tried it.)

For #3
I don't know, sorry.

OP
Vulcan1600

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the replies everyone, and I will look at that link in a few minutes Black.