Advice for the Beginner

pattikate

Reaction score
I'm new to the smartphone experience. Or at least I will be. Next week I plan on purchasing my first Droid - the incomporable Droid X.

I estimate my daily average use to consist of approximately an hour to 90 minutes of daily phone calls, (with very little if any texting) light to moderate web surfing and possibly an hour or two of playing games/running apps. On some days (maybe a few times per week) I'll take a few pics or video, possibly download and play some music (nothing too lengthy I would think). This will be my basic daily use.

My question is, under these curcumstances, would I be ok with the standard stock battery which comes with the Droid X? Or would you recommend the extended life battery for my personal needs (as listed)? Thanks so much for any advice you can offer. :)

swagmonster

Reaction score
Run it for a few days see how it goes with a stock batt, if that doesn't fit ur needs buy the extended or another stock batt there 5bucks at amazon, fyi u get loads more batt if you root,

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

PorterFNU

Reaction score
I'm new to the Droid experience as well. 3 days and counting (Droid X). I've read some about Rooting and I'm considering it. You mentioned that you get better battery life after rooting. Is that because you can delete useless Verizon Apps or because rooting allows the Droid to work more efficiently?

swagmonster

Reaction score
Rooting allows you to delete bloat ware as well as over and underclock your phone also let's you run different voltages voltages range from high medium low to ultra low, ulvs are the best for battery, rooting also opens a door to endless custimization

swagmonster

Reaction score
If u have anymore questions u can pm me, and ill find em for you

stumbleflyx

Reaction score
I'm scarred to root my roommate jail broke his iphone is that the same as rooting also he was very displeased with jailbreaking so restored back to stock

Cabazon Ca. Droid X