adobe flash for rooters

movadoevo8

Reaction score
Hey guys I finally rooted my phone for the first time I'm running petes stock 2.1 rooted with chevys 5.6.2 kernel overclocked to 1ghz.

Now I previously read some stuff of a flash player or lite flash player of some sort I believe it was adobe lite flash 4 or something I don't remember, but I can't locate it.

Anyone know if I can install flash on my phone now that I'm rooted and can you guide me, thanks.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
have not heard of a rom with a working flash player yet. You can try the skyfire app; but it is not full flash capable, and it is still in beta mode.

OP
movadoevo8

movadoevo8

Reaction score
have not heard of a rom with a working flash player yet. You can try the skyfire app; but it is not full flash capable, and it is still in beta mode.

I tried skyfire and its garbage at this stage I know its still beta, but 9 out of 10 websites do not work for me. And youtube why do I need that site to work if I have a built in youtube player.

Flandry

Reaction score
And youtube why do I need that site to work if I have a built in youtube player.

Skyfire allows you to watch the TV episodes and movies available on Youtube's site that don't show up in the player.

OP
movadoevo8

movadoevo8

Reaction score
And youtube why do I need that site to work if I have a built in youtube player.

Skyfire allows you to watch the TV episodes and movies available on Youtube's site that don't show up in the player.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but when I go to youtube with any browser including stock browser it allows me to watch all youtube vids in desktop mode. I didn't mean to put the app down I guess I expected it to do what the real adobe flash will do. It is still a beta so ill just have to wait for updates.

Flandry

Reaction score
Correct me if I'm wrong, but when I go to youtube with any browser including stock browser it allows me to watch all youtube vids in desktop mode. I didn't mean to put the app down I guess I expected it to do what the real adobe flash will do. It is still a beta so ill just have to wait for updates.

Not that I'm aware of, but if you know how to do this, I'd be very interested. Anytime I've gone to Youtube's site with Android's browser, it loads the mobile site with no option for a desktop version. So there's no links to go to show or movie pages (though you can still get there if you know the exact URLs). Skyfire, of course, allows you to act like a desktop and see all the links. Skyfire also will play videos from other sites like Gametrailers, etc. It's buggy, and doesn't play everything from everywhere. But it does open more options.

Whether there'll be much need for Skyfire once full Flash becomes available remains to be see.

Reaction score
there is a rom available that has working flash lite its a port of the desire Rom. U can find a modified version of it by searching the forums for Blended Bliss by xdaustin (i think thats how its spelt). this version of flash does not show all video and from my experiences hardly any at all but its better than nothing

OP
movadoevo8

movadoevo8

Reaction score
there is a rom available that has working flash lite its a port of the desire Rom. U can find a modified version of it by searching the forums for Blended Bliss by xdaustin (i think thats how its spelt). this version of flash does not show all video and from my experiences hardly any at all but its better than nothing

How does that ROM run? Right now i'm running Petes stock 2.1 and it's running very smooth i'm afraid to switch to anything else since it's running so perfect and its my first time rooting my phone heh e..

OP
movadoevo8

movadoevo8

Reaction score

Not that I'm aware of, but if you know how to do this, I'd be very interested. Anytime I've gone to Youtube's site with Android's browser, it loads the mobile site with no option for a desktop version. So there's no links to go to show or movie pages (though you can still get there if you know the exact URLs). Skyfire, of course, allows you to act like a desktop and see all the links. Skyfire also will play videos from other sites like Gametrailers, etc. It's buggy, and doesn't play everything from everywhere. But it does open more options.

Whether there'll be much need for Skyfire once full Flash becomes available remains to be see.

Yes with the STOCK Browser it can be done with with help of the stock youtube player. Let me list the steps in order to make this happen without Skyfire.

1. Load stock browser and browse to youtube.com and it will automatically switch ti m.youtube.com.
2.Scroll to the very bottom of the page once it's loaded and you will see 3 options "Mobile", "Touch Screen" and last but not least "Desktop". :)
3. Click the Desktop link and it switches to DESKTOP mode and it will look just like it does on Skyfire.
4. Browse or search for the video you want and once you click on it, it asks you what do you want to use in order to view this video and all you have to do is click the Youtube player from the pop up. Do not click on the Stock browser, because it will not work.

It's not playing from the browser within, but with the help of the stock youtube player and stock browser you can accomplish the same exact thing, the only difference is it uses the youtube player. That is the only extra step you have to select what you want to view the video with. However if before you choose the youtube player just click on "use default" and it will never ask you again and it will auto play and the steps become the same. Hope this helps :)

Reaction score

How does that ROM run? Right now i'm running Petes stock 2.1 and it's running very smooth i'm afraid to switch to anything else since it's running so perfect and its my first time rooting my phone heh e..

Its not very smooth right now it has a few bugs I would not recommend it as a an every day ROM

OP
movadoevo8

movadoevo8

Reaction score

Its not very smooth right now it has a few bugs I would not recommend it as a an every day ROM

Thanks, also i just read the news on the main page about Adobe Flash 10.1 beta being released this month/june for the public, being Droid 2.2 :) So i dont thin i need to experience with it hehe.