Adding wallpaper

Phread

Reaction score
I copied the image I want into the camera folder. It shows up on the Droid when adding wallpaper. However, I cannot get the image box to size to include the entire image. It keeps going back to framing only part of the image. The .jpg is 4.3 megs. Is there a limit to the size image that can be used?

Silver Member
Reaction score
touch and hold the edges of the yellow rectangle. you can resize the size of the yellow box, allowing you to include some, or all of the image. it should work with any sized image.

natediddy1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
The size it allows you to frame the picture is as big as it will allow you to get...my wallpapers still end up looking fine though

OP
P

Phread

Reaction score
I've found that the box sizing is pretty uncontollable. It works as long as you let it expand symmetrically. If you want to elongate one dimension to keep it portrait, it jumps all over the place.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
I've found that the box sizing is pretty uncontollable. It works as long as you let it expand symmetrically. If you want to elongate one dimension to keep it portrait, it jumps all over the place.

That's the way it works.

olddroidguy

Reaction score
For the Droid Incredible, a picture needs to be sized at 960 pixels wide by 800 high to fill the seven screens. Even then, if you are trying to see something on the left or right side, the stretch function in the UI will stretch that too much, hiding some of the picture. I've been experimenting by cropping the original picture first to center what I want to see while leaving some background on either side, then sizing it to 1000 x 834 or 1020 x 850 pixels and transferring it to the DI. Then when I set it as wallpaper, I see the entire picture. I use iPhoto on my Mac to crop, then Preview to reset the size and save it under another name (you can change the size in the PReview Tools menu).