Adding numbers to facebook contacts?

CKyle22

Reaction score
How do I do that? It just tells me that I cant edit facebook info. But almost none of them have phone numbers which I wanna add.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Use Facebook to edit FB contacts....

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
I was meaning from the browser not the app.

OP
C

CKyle22

Reaction score
Still dont see how :( Can I do it from my PC?

eliassami5

Reaction score
go to facebook app > friends > click on friends PICTURE > click the contact icon > go to edit contact > new contact > enter in the name you would like to appear in you contacts list and the phone number and any other info you want and then hit done

OP
C

CKyle22

Reaction score
go to facebook app > friends > click on friends PICTURE > click the contact icon > go to edit contact > new contact > enter in the name you would like to appear in you contacts list and the phone number and any other info you want and then hit done
After I click the contact icon there's no edit contact option :(

OH THE MENU BUTTON

Last edited:

eliassami5

Reaction score

OH THE MENU BUTTON

oops ya forgot to put that step in there lol, u figured it out tho

go to facebook app > friends > click on friends PICTURE > click the contact icon > menu > edit contact > menu > new contact > enter in the name you would like to appear in your contacts list and the phone number and any other info you want and then hit done

fixed

JonKyu

Silver Member
Reaction score
Just to let you know facebook contacts only sync to your facebook Friends profile. I think if your friend doesn't have a phone number up then there is no way to put it on your friends facebook contact. Basically based on your friends' privacy settings their phone number won't sync/show up unless they add it to their profile or allow others to view their contact info.

The work around for this is to make an entirely NEW contact with the same facebook display name as your friends, add the number then Join/Merge the two contacts together. But Eliassami's way works too lol thanks for the heads up, I didn't know you could do it that way either (sheesh it's such a round-about way though, couldn't they make it easier?)

OH THE MENU BUTTON

oops ya forgot to put that step in there lol, u figured it out tho

go to facebook app > friends > click on friends PICTURE > click the contact icon > menu > edit contact > menu > new contact > enter in the name you would like to appear in your contacts list and the phone number and any other info you want and then hit done

fixed

UPDATE:
Ok there's a much faster way to do this. If you already have the facebook contact synced just go to their contact page and do the steps above:
Friend's Contact page (in your contact's list in android) > menu > edit contact > menu > new contact > enter in the name you would like to appear in your contacts list and the phone number and any other info you want and then hit done

Last edited:

eliassami5

Reaction score
you could do that too but its all just confusing because there are so many things that could go wrong. You can have facebook contact in your contacts tab with no number attached to it, and then you have contacts that you manually added that wont sync with your facebook account, the list goes on. With some tinkering you will figure it out..or not lol.