Adding a public google calendar to your droid

VirtualGeek

Reaction score
(Wasn't really sure where to put this, so I figured if it needs to be moved then one of the mods can feel free to do it.)

I found a public google calendar for the world cup, and I'd like to add it to my droid, but can't figure out how to get it to show. I use pure calendar widget, and my wife has her own personal calendar shared and I display that on my droid, but for some reason, public calendars aren't available?

World Cup 2010 Google Calendar The Artesea

Anybody have any suggestions?

OP
VirtualGeek

VirtualGeek

Reaction score
I suppose I could copy the events to my calendar... but, the public one is dynamic and will update as the competition goes on...

Taegost

Reaction score
I haven't tried this myself, but is there a way to link it to your google calendar? Like the way you have your wifes' linked to yours? If you could, then it would be rather easy :)

OP
VirtualGeek

VirtualGeek

Reaction score
Nope, unless I'm missing something (which I don't think I am). It's a public calendar so it comes up under "other calendars", my wife's calendar comes up under "my calendars" since she invited me to it. If I was invited to the public calendar it might work, but I don't have that luxury.

For now, I just created a new calendar and copied the matches I was interested in over to this new calendar. Then I'll update the matches once we know who's playing who later on.

OP
VirtualGeek

VirtualGeek

Reaction score
Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaat? This sucks. Pure calendar can only add your primary google calendar, and not any ohter calendars that you own?

Hmmm.

OP
VirtualGeek

VirtualGeek

Reaction score
Resolved!

I emailed teh dev of pure calendar and he advised me to add the calendar to the stock calendar app - had to open the stock calendar so it refreshed and updated, the calendar then appeared in pure calendar along with, ta-dah, the public one too. Sweet.

Thanks, uhh, me?