Add Widgets To Your Notification Panel With Snap Swipe Drawer!

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score

Widgets allow you to gain important information quickly. Some of the most widely used widgets include weather, news, and sports. It is nice to always have the information you need at your fingertips. Widgets have been the one thing that has always set Android apart from other operating systems. The only problem with widgets is that you must access your homescreen to see them. This means you have to leave the current webpage or app to get that info you need.

Snap Swipe Drawer delivers a crafty solution. The app adds widgets to your notification panel. This means that you can now access your widgets from any screen on your devices. There are a few options. There is a free app which allows you to add up to 3 widgets and a pro version that doesn't limit you! This is a pretty cool little app. Grab it from the Play Link below

via Play Store

Reactions: CJM

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Meh. This definitely isn't for me. I have no problem tapping my home screen when I need to check a widget and then using the recents menu to return to the app I was in if there isn't an icon already on my homescreen.

I hate clutter in my notification shade. That was one of my biggest complaints as time when on with my Note 4. There were quick toggles and brightness adjustment and all of this junk there. When watching a video in landscape mode, you could hardly read a notification.

I can definitely see how this would be handy if you didn't mind all of that stuff cluttering up your notifications, but I'll pass, personally.

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
+1 JK, seems all these notification apps add clutter.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
If I wanted that quick of access to any of my widgets, I'd much prefer a quick launcher app that launches with gestures or places a small "chat head" button somewhere on my screen that I can tap to launch them. Something like the Samsung multi-window tab that brings out a little app drawer, but for widgets. I'd find that more useful. They'd be readily available, but not cluttering up my notifications 24/7 when I only need them once in a while.

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
I think it looks really cool. But I have to agree...I am a HUGE widget fiend and even I can't think of ONE I would always want in my tray...

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Oh yeah. I don't want to sound like I'm totally knocking it. Seems to work well and looks nice, but not something I'd personally use.

I don't even let my weather app give me a persistent temperature notification.

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
Yup, I agree...don't like notification clutter. I keep most notifications off, mainly cuz I hate all the beeping, blinking, interrupting when a new notification comes in. If I need to know something, I'll check the app.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Yup, I agree...don't like notification clutter. I keep most notifications off, mainly cuz I hate all the beeping, blinking, interrupting when a new notification comes in. If I need to know something, I'll check the app.

I like notifications. It's the other junk I can do without. I set my default notification sound to silent, so apps that I don't care as much about don't make noise. Then, I turn on sound & vibrate for things like texts, calls, & Facebook.

Tapatalk is silent & doesn't vibrate, but notified me silently with the led.

I like to manage my notifications. I forget to check some apps if they're off. Haha!

I do turn off game notifications for the most part on my phone & definitely on my watch.

I'm not one to have a ton of notifications though anyway. The watch helps with that. If it's something not important, I just awipe it away.

Sent from a backup S3 :(

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
Yeah, I'm sure I'm the exception. No sound, no blinking, no notification. Calls, text & tapa is about it and keep those silent. I check email periodically, Facebook when I feel like it, & only need to check my appointments on my home screen widget once a day. I do have persistent notifications though (temp, clipper clipboard, ip camera). They are enough clutter for me.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Yeah, I'm sure I'm the exception. No sound, no blinking, no notification. Calls, text & tapa is about it and keep those silent. I check email periodically, Facebook when I feel like it, & only need to check my appointments on my home screen widget once a day. I do have persistent notifications though (temp, clipper clipboard, ip camera). They are enough clutter for me.

Don't be so sure. I've seen others on this very forum that keep notifications to a minimum. I get the appeal there, but like I said, when I don't have notifications, I forget to check stuff.

I used to use Plume for Twitter. I'm not really a big Twitter user, but I do follow some tech stuff and others that I like to keep up on what they've got going on. When I used Plume, I had it check every 4 hours or so and alert me on new tweets. I started beta testing for them, which I'd done back in the day before the app even launched as Touiteur. LevelUp Studios sold the app. The beta was garbage, so I left the beta test, only to have them push that garbage update as the official update, even though myself and many others alerted them to all of these bugs.

That turned me off the app, so I switched to the official Twitter app. Sometimes I go days forgetting to check it. I think it has a "new tweets" option, but I believe those notifications just came in all the time, which I wasn't a fan of either.

Anyway, to each their own. Once again, that's the beauty of these devices. We can all run them how we like them.

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
Amen to that! The glory of Android is to make it our own!

Meanwhile, I have a "power saver mode" notification in my drawer that won't go away unless I turn power saving mode off. I would love to get rid of that. And a weather notification in there for a weather app that I have to keep turning notifications off. Time to uninstall that app. And of course the "select keyboard" notification because I have my keyboard open.