Add me to the list of possible returns

sin vicious

Reaction score
I got my DINC on launch. Immediately I noticed the signal strength issue, staying around -98 to -101. My 3G would have an X on it often while my wifes moto droid had 3 bars (-76) and full functional 3G. I went into the store and checked DINC display signal strength, which sat around -83 and mines stayed steady at -97. Luckedly I requested a new one prior to 30 days, which starts the clock over again... They tried to get me to take a refurb.. I said no way. So the store ordered one on the 28th and waiting arrival of a new unit, i will try it in store, if nothing changes.. im returning and waiting for the DROD Extreme/Shadow or Moto Droid 2.

Reaction score
I indeed have the exact same problem. When I inquired as to possible problems at the store they simply said they would replace mine too. They said they would call me as soon as they got a new one in. Been about 2 weeks now... :(

Love the phone other wise...

Weapondrift

Reaction score
I have this issue as well, however to be honest I havent had any issues with reception on my phone. I know that typically when using the 3G I have low signal bars but switching to regular network I go up to full bars so this may be the reasoning.

izzy35

Reaction score
I got my DINC on launch. Immediately I noticed the signal strength issue, staying around -98 to -101. My 3G would have an X on it often while my wifes moto droid had 3 bars (-76) and full functional 3G. I went into the store and checked DINC display signal strength, which sat around -83 and mines stayed steady at -97. Luckedly I requested a new one prior to 30 days, which starts the clock over again... They tried to get me to take a refurb.. I said no way. So the store ordered one on the 28th and waiting arrival of a new unit, i will try it in store, if nothing changes.. im returning and waiting for the DROD Extreme/Shadow or Moto Droid 2.

May I ask, how do you check your signal strength? And what is considered an "optimal range"?? Thanks

mrmomoman

Reaction score
I have the same thing. When in 3G the signal strengths fluctuate often and then when I am download data the signals shoot up. But I have not had any problems with actual reception. I would not pay too much attention to the signal strength at this moment. Verizon tech told me its a fix they will update soon. Not sure if he was lying about it or not but we will see.

mcsinfl

Reaction score
I read somewhere the signal strength meter on the DINC doesn't read correctly, although signal strength is fine, you may want to research a bit before making a decision.

Andr0id

Reaction score
Yea it's nothing more than a display issue on many peoples Incredibles. Can't say that is the case for you, but make some calls and see what the quality is. Personally I don't care if my phone shows 0 bars all the time if it works correctly. Maybe less people will want to use my Incredible if they think it doesn't work :p