adb / rsd issues with windows 7 64 bit.

GTvert90

Reaction score
I used adb to pull the framework from my X on my laptop. but i went to play around with it the other day and couldn't get ADB to see the X.

I have the moto drivers installed but every time I connect my phone it tries to install the drivers and not all of them install properly.

I got to googling. and found issues with 64bit windows 7 and adb. But surely someone has to have a fix by now.

Also I ran into people having issues with RSD on windows 7 also. Any help there?

ArmyDude

Reaction score
I have the same exact setup and have never had issues. The only trick I have is after connecting the USB cable up.... I drop the notification bar on the phone down... select USB connection... and change from charge only to pc mode.... etc. If you can't get one mode to work. Drop it down again and change it to another one. I usually leave the cmd prompt up and type adb devices to see if it is finally listed.

bcals0087

Reaction score
I have windows 7 64 bit and I didn't have any problems with adb, only rsd. For the life of me I couldn't flash an sbf without an error occurring right before the process was complete. I moved over to my windows 7 32 bit, and I was able to flash the phone successfully. Beats me, but it definitely has more problems with 64 bit than 32 bit.