ADB and USB driver help needed!

gentlefury

Reaction score
For any mac users just wanted to let you know you don't need a driver, just put the phone in debug mode and run it....works great.

AngDroid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
I had the same problem not to long ago. I posted my solution in a different thread. If you search the forums for all of my posts you should be able to find it.

If you are using Droid Explorer the drivers are in two locations on your pc and need to be modified in both locations.

Last edited:

hopworks

Reaction score
I had the same problem not to long ago. I posted my solution in a different thread. If you search the forums for all of my posts you should be able to find it.

If you are using Droid Explorer the drivers are in two locations on your pc and need to be modified in both locations.

I searched your posts and found one that eluded to modifying an INF file, but not enough info to fix my issue, which is the same as the poster.

To expand on what the poster said, I have the same issue, where the drivers I don't want exist on my system somewhere now. When I plug my droid in, they just reinstall. I never get the option to install a driver and when I try to do that manually, I get the response that mine are the most current and that's it.

It would be nice if I knew where those drivers are now so I could delete them and get the option to install whatever I want without them just reinstalling on plug in. I have done everything in this thread... uninstall the devices from device manager, etc etc.

And because of that, I can't move to the next step in trying to get this tether technique to work. It doesn't now with my browser (Firefox) telling me that the device is refusing the proxy connection. Yes Proxdroid is running and YES debugging is enabled. Pdanet service is disabled, even uninstalled at one point. Port is fine (8080) and localhost selected as the server. I have rechecked every mentioned step a dozen times.

I'm going to reinstall XP Pro on my laptop this next week for other reasons and I made a note to use the correct driver this time when I plug the droid in for the first time, but it would be nice if I could configure my existing system to act as if it was the first time right now. sigh.

Hop