Active display stopped working

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
That might be the only option at this point. I agree with @jstafford1 the phone is acting like it is always face down, for whatever strange reason.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
I have no idea. But when I googled it, it was described as a dating app. That person was just describing that they found one app that was messing up the active display and when they uninstalled that app active display started working again

OP
G

Gary37716

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Maxx
I did a factory reset last night, and the active display is working again. Never really found out what caused it to stop though.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
I did a factory reset last night, and the active display is working again. Never really found out what caused it to stop though.
Good to hear its working correctly again.

Dmk67

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Maxx
I hate to necropost here, but I picked up a Maxx about a week ago to replace my slowly failing Bionic and I started having this issue right off the bat. I've tried screen cleaning, disabling various combinations of notifications, force stopping, and nothing seems to fix the issue. If I restart my device, it works for a couple of hours before randomly stopping. It seems to It wouldn't be a big deal if some of the newer Droid phones kept the LED notification features, but I guess that's slowly disappearing. I'd really prefer not to factory reset my phone and go through all that, so I was just curious on whether or not someone else has encountered this issue since then and whether or not they found a solution other than the reset?