Accidental Update Cancellation, plz help

Shortyj13

Reaction score
This morning, around 9AM I recieved the notice that the update for 2.1 was ready. So, I start the download and the screen has the triangle with the exclamation point inside it next to a droid phone. So, all seems good to go. 3 hours later the screen still has the same symbols on it, so I figure I would hit the top button to time out the screen to save the display from eating up battery life. As soon as I hit the button the Motorola symbol appears and my phone goes straight to startup mode. It starts up like normal, but I have no update.

It says I still have firmware version 2.0.1. If I select "check for system updates" it says "your system is currently up to date". So, I think I might have cancelled my 2.1 download, and I have no idea how to get it going again.

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

MiXoLoGiSt

Reaction score
This morning, around 9AM I recieved the notice that the update for 2.1 was ready. So, I start the download and the screen has the triangle with the exclamation point inside it next to a droid phone. So, all seems good to go. 3 hours later the screen still has the same symbols on it, so I figure I would hit the top button to time out the screen to save the display from eating up battery life. As soon as I hit the button the Motorola symbol appears and my phone goes straight to startup mode. It starts up like normal, but I have no update.

It says I still have firmware version 2.0.1. If I select "check for system updates" it says "your system is currently up to date". So, I think I might have cancelled my 2.1 download, and I have no idea how to get it going again.

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

It should pop back up after 30 minutes

OP
S

Shortyj13

Reaction score
It's been 11 hours now since it happened. I have been checking my phone every 20 minutes hoping for it to restart.

Sam

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
that's what i did too. thanks for the link!

OP
S

Shortyj13

Reaction score
Thanks for the link. I followed it and everything works perfectly now. These forums are so helpful, nicest community around.