Abnoxious Profile Pictures

Status
Not open for further replies.

rosedith

Reaction score
I'm going to put this here since it has to do with the site. I've been finding a lot of profile pictures that are demeaning to women. Since the site lacks a way to hide harassing profile pictures, I'm asking that they be removed or blocked by the site admins. This site is used by women as well as men though you may think it is an all-boys playground. Nude or demeaning photos of women have been legally found to be harassing in work environments and this standard should apply to forums as well IMHO.

Stigy

Reaction score
Although some may be offensive there are currently no rules in place regarding avatars on the forum. This will definitely change shortly, but in the mean time you can disable avatars in your UserCP, sofollow the directions below to hide them.

Follow this link: http://www.droidforums.net/forum/profile.php?do=editoptions to go to your UserCP Options. Under "Thread Display Options" you will find a checkbox that says "Show Avatars" and by unchecking this box it will hide the pictures under their persons username. Scroll down to the bottom and click Save Changes for the changes to take effect.

You must be logged in for the changes to work.

mth04

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm going to put this here since it has to do with the site. I've been finding a lot of profile pictures that are demeaning to women. Since the site lacks a way to hide harassing profile pictures, I'm asking that they be removed or blocked by the site admins. This site is used by women as well as men though you may think it is an all-boys playground. Nude or demeaning photos of women have been legally found to be harassing in work environments and this standard should apply to forums as well IMHO.

You have a valid complaint and point. I am going to link this to the site admins as well. We will get you an answer at some point. As to which way that will go. Thanks for your concern and coming here too :)!

Note : Please do not bash her for this. I wll be watching this thread closely and it won't be taken lightly :icon_evil:. Thanks in advance

mth04

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Second thought on this. This one is closed until the Admins get a chance to think it out. :closed_2:

Status
Not open for further replies.