A video

Ridley

Reaction score
This is a female Gray Seal pup that I had to do an assessment on on Tuesday night.

She was quite healthy and alert and obviously able to fend for herself, so she was left to carry on about her business. As always, i remind viewers of these videos that they are taken as part of a NOAA authorized assessment of a protected species by our Foundation which is allowed to approach them closely for evaluation and possible rescue. The general public is not legally permitted in the US to approach these animals at adistance closer than 150 feet.

The Droid has been very helpful in these endeavors as i am able to get photos, video and GPS/Mapping needs with one device, makes the long hikes on remote beaches a lot easier.

[video=youtube;BwQ0CoWraJI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BwQ0CoWraJI]YouTube - video-2010-04-20-19-21-30.3gp[/video]

ginormus

Reaction score
That's awesome. It's great to see yet another way the DROID can be of help to somebody. Thanks for sharing.... the baby seal is cute.

OP
R

Ridley

Reaction score
Yeah,they are cute alright, but they will give you a real good bite if you get too close to them. Pound for pound some of the meanest animals on the planet.

Jim 777

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yeah,they are cute alright, but they will give you a real good bite if you get too close to them. Pound for pound some of the meanest animals on the planet.
You obviously have never met my ex-girlfriend.