A Great Day for Music In the Android Community

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
This will be great. Slacker was my #1 music app when I had my BB Storm, yes even liked it better than Pandora, because of the simple fact you could cache your stations. You didn't have to worry about it skipping because of signal issues or anything. It stored songs on the SD card and every couple of days you connect it to the USB and it would add and remove songs you didn't like. You could be in airplane mode and still be able to listen to music, or if you're traveling in areas with poor or no signal you had uninterrupted music.

Thanks for the most excellent news.

Edit: I just read the article, and it appears you can do the caching for a 14 day trial, after that you'll have to get a Slacker Plus account to continue to cache.

Last edited:

ScoobyDoo27

Reaction score
Slacker was my favorite internet radio to use until it decided to erase all my texts from my phone. I had a lot of funny forwards I locked so that they wouldn't get erased but that did no good as Slacker thought it was ok to delete them anyways. Until they can fix that bug Slacker isn't getting near my phone.

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Slacker was my favorite internet radio to use until it decided to erase all my texts from my phone. I had a lot of funny forwards I locked so that they wouldn't get erased but that did no good as Slacker thought it was ok to delete them anyways. Until they can fix that bug Slacker isn't getting near my phone.
And you were able to trace this to Slacker how?

OP
S

searayman

Reaction score

:dry: really this was slacker, would love to know how slacker got a hold of your texts....anywho why not use google voice for texts then you will never loose them :icon_ banana:

ScoobyDoo27

Reaction score

I assume it's Slacker as when I googled this problem I was reading other forums and a lot of people were posting about how Slacker has a bug that likes to erase messages and I believe other people's SD cards were wiped. I remember when I first got Slacker in the Market some of the comments were saying stuff about Slacker erasing stuff from your phone. I guess that was my first hint and I should've avoided it. All I can say is oh well.

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score

I assume it's Slacker as when I googled this problem I was reading other forums and a lot of people were posting about how Slacker has a bug that likes to erase messages and I believe other people's SD cards were wiped. I remember when I first got Slacker in the Market some of the comments were saying stuff about Slacker erasing stuff from your phone. I guess that was my first hint and I should've avoided it. All I can say is oh well.
I read some of this nonsense a month or two ago and it was pretty much decided this was bunk and not related whatsoever to Slacker.

ScoobyDoo27

Reaction score

I read some of this nonsense a month or two ago and it was pretty much decided this was bunk and not related whatsoever to Slacker.

I just assumed it was Slacker. I guess I was wrong. If it wasn't Slacker what could have caused my phone to all of a sudden erase a 1000 or so texts outta nowhere?

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score

I just assumed it was Slacker. I guess I was wrong. If it wasn't Slacker what could have caused my phone to all of a sudden erase a 1000 or so texts outta nowhere?

How many apps are in the Market?

Rudy

Reaction score

If you use Handcent I can 100% guarantee it was from that, erased a lot of peoples messages, me included.

ScoobyDoo27

Reaction score

If you use Handcent I can 100% guarantee it was from that, erased a lot of peoples messages, me included.
Hmm, I tried Handcent when I got my phone almost 2 months ago but I deleted it within 20 minutes because I didn't like it...so that's not the problem. Thanks though. I guess my phone just decided to erase them all.

SRR1138

Reaction score
I thought it was slacker that erased contacts is that not true either?

ch0sen0ne

Reaction score
I used slacker on my bb storm and so I had been using it for a while on my droid until mid december my SD card was wiped 3 times. Each time was right after I had listened to slacker and went to change to my music on my droid. I removed slacker and have not had the issue since then. So no, its not bunk that slacker was having issues wiping sd cards.

As far as texts, there were a lot of people with handcent that had them wiped, me included. I don't believe slacker had anything to do with that since it happened after I removed slacker. I haven't had my sd card cleaned off since I removed slacker and now I use last.fm which has no commercials and makes me happy.