A few questions RE apps for file xfer and video playback

Zacko

Reaction score
On my blackberry, I was able to send files (such as photos) over google talk. I don't see that feature in the native Talk app. Am I blind? I find it hard to believe that blackberry has a better google talk app than Android. If I cannot send files via the native Talk app, do you have any suggestions for messaging apps that link to Talk but support file xfer?

My wife sent a 824k .3gp video to me that she took with her phone. Gmail doesn't give me the option to download it. When I install it directly to my SD card, Gallery won't let me play it. It plays fine on my laptop. Android clearly supports .3gp as I have a number of 3gp tv shows on my sd card and they play fine. Any thoughts as to why I can't download those files or play them?

Thanks for your help. You guys are the best.

Droider

Reaction score
On my blackberry, I was able to send files (such as photos) over google talk. I don't see that feature in the native Talk app. Am I blind? I find it hard to believe that blackberry has a better google talk app than Android. If I cannot send files via the native Talk app, do you have any suggestions for messaging apps that link to Talk but support file xfer?

You're not blind and it shouldn't be that surprising. After all Google created a Google Earth app for the iPhone a while back and still haven't released one for Android.