A few problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phin

Reaction score
Let me start by saying this rom is very eye appealing and the way it runs on my Droid is amazing! But I'm having a few issues. For some reason I cant sync my contacts. Gmail syncs fine. When I first installed this rom I was not asked to sign into my google account. Is this normal? Also no market app? Maybe this rom is way above my learning curve or maybe I have a bad install. Im leaning towards a bad install.

A little info when trying to sync my contacts I get the message "unable to open connection to server" I'm sure this is a error on my part. Not sure what the server settings should. I really like the look of this rom and dont want to move away from it without trying to make things work.

Thanks Phin

eagle1967

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.sourceryrom.com
Gapps

you have to install sourcerygappsplus also.
if you installed from rommanger it was a choose when you installed probably just missed it.
if you downloaded than the gapps are on your sdcard just install them and all should be cool.

OP
Phin

Phin

Reaction score
Wow thanks for the fast response. Yes I installed from rom manager, so I'm sure I missed the googleapps option. Where can I go from here? Should I download and place on my sdcard and reinstall?

eagle1967

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.sourceryrom.com
Wow thanks for the fast response. Yes I installed from rom manager, so I'm sure I missed the googleapps option. Where can I go from here? Should I download and place on my sdcard and reinstall?

just go back to rom manger and choose the rom than gapps and install just dont worry about wiping this time

OP
Phin

Phin

Reaction score
Sorry found the download link I'm going to reinstall from th sdcard. Maybe I will get it right this time. Thanks so much for your help

OP
Phin

Phin

Reaction score
That did it!!!!

Thanks again eagle1967 this kind of help is whats going to move your rom right to the top of the pile. Thanks again for the advice and the great rom. Next payday if I have a little extra cash I'm for sure throwing some your way.

eagle1967

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.sourceryrom.com
That did it!!!!

Thanks again eagle1967 this kind of help is whats going to move your rom right to the top of the pile. Thanks again for the advice and the great rom. Next payday if I have a little extra cash I'm for sure throwing some your way.

Glad its working now :)
after you get it all synced up go to the themes section and ***** for a while about no preivews :)
than go to the start of magic settings and choose rom update than check for thsoe previews again :)

and more coming magic coming. hope you enjoy the rom.

please go and read the 3rd post in the original sourcery christmas release this will give you some helpful instructions also.

lfylove

Reaction score
First off this app has sooooooo much eye appeal I really like it unfortunately it wouldn't let me download any app? If u could fix I would definitely flash it right back. Other then tht great interface keep up the great work!

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

listenman20

Reaction score
First off this app has sooooooo much eye appeal I really like it unfortunately it wouldn't let me download any app? If u could fix I would definitely flash it right back. Other then tht great interface keep up the great work!

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

do what? what do you mean by this?

eagle1967

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.sourceryrom.com
People's read the release notes please

Not downloading any apps i am thinking this is because you dont have the market? If this is the case its because you have to install the gapps also.

If this is not the case than try reinstalling because i can guarentee you that this rom does download apps.

dmacleo

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
guys need to remember google does not allow rom devs to bundle the google apps in the rom. it always has to be distinct and separate download.

lfylove

Reaction score
i have the market and all the apps say download but they just keep saying download i tried rebooting the phone but to no avail

Status
Not open for further replies.