A couple questions on photos and the Gallery....

BKS

Reaction score
I would like to know if we are able to create individual folders and personally name them from with-in the gallery to serparate our photos. (can this also be done for stored music) I have yet found a way to do this. I'm sure it's something simple, but I'm missing it.

A couple friends have sent me pictures in text messages, when I double tap to enlarge them, I can not find a way to save them to my phone? Again...probably something quite simple but I am still very new to the Android OS.

TIA for your help :)

Brian

OldguyMark

Reaction score
I don't know of any built in way of doing it, but if down load a file manager like Astro (free in the app store) it's very easy to do what you want to.

tiggerxplur

Reaction score
you can do it on your pc or if you have a file manager like linda or astro you can just create a folder with whatever name you want drop pictures into it and it will show up like that in your gallery and to save from a text message long press the pic and click "copy attached to sd" and for the music it sorts by how the file is named in the properties on the pc

please correct me if im wrong about any of this

OP
BKS

BKS

Reaction score
you can do it on your pc or if you have a file manager like linda or astro you can just create a folder with whatever name you want drop pictures into it and it will show up like that in your gallery and to save from a text message long press the pic and click "copy attached to sd" and for the music it sorts by how the file is named in the properties on the pc

please correct me if im wrong about any of this

Great! Thank you!

As for the music part...I wouldn't be loading any from a PC...but more from the VZW store or the Amazon MP3 store directly from my Droid.
Sounds like Astro may be able to assist me w/ those though as well.

jssmith76

Reaction score
Ok, this question keeps in line with the topic, but has nothing similar to the OP's question. It seems like every time I take a picture (stock app), close out of the camera app, then open up the gallery (stock app), my recently taken photos are not in the gallery. In order to view my new pics in the gallery, I need to reboot my Droid (stock, non-rooted 2.1), and then re-open the gallery.

I've gone to the point of removing the gallery from the task killer, so the gallery is not "closed" while taking pics. Is there a setting somewhere that relieves this issue, or is this something that is a known bug and is "hopefully" going to be resolved when 2.2 is released?

Any help in this situation would be GREATLY appreciated.

Thanks,
Josh

tiggerxplur

Reaction score
Ok, this question keeps in line with the topic, but has nothing similar to the OP's question. It seems like every time I take a picture (stock app), close out of the camera app, then open up the gallery (stock app), my recently taken photos are not in the gallery. In order to view my new pics in the gallery, I need to reboot my Droid (stock, non-rooted 2.1), and then re-open the gallery.

I've gone to the point of removing the gallery from the task killer, so the gallery is not "closed" while taking pics. Is there a setting somewhere that relieves this issue, or is this something that is a known bug and is "hopefully" going to be resolved when 2.2 is released?

Thanks,
Josh

try waiting a few second before closing the camera app then give it a minute to appear in the gallery

jssmith76

Reaction score

Thanks,
Josh

try waiting a few second before closing the camera app then give it a minute to appear in the gallery

Thanks for the reply. I'll be more conscious of this approach from now on, but I know for a fact that sometimes after taking photo's, I'll wait maybe 10-15 minutes before opening the Gallery to view and possibly share (if not shared from camera app).

also, right after posting my above question, I found this post a few lines down: http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-general-discussions/48575-missing-photos.html, titled "Missing Photo's". Basically the same problem I'm having, but I'm able to retrieve all my photos after a reboot. At least I now know I'm not the only person with this problem.

Thanks,
Josh

OP
BKS

BKS

Reaction score

Thanks,
Josh

May want to do some research on Task Killers on here as well Josh. Mixed reviews at best for those. After being pointed in the right direction from a few experienced members here I uninstalled mine. They really aren't necessary and can cause issues. Mine sucked my batt life big time. Not sure if its the cause of your photo issue...but couldn't hurt to dump it and see what happens.

jssmith76

Reaction score
May want to do some research on Task Killers on here as well Josh. Mixed reviews at best for those. After being pointed in the right direction from a few experienced members here I uninstalled mine. They really aren't necessary and can cause issues. Mine sucked my batt life big time. Not sure if its the cause of your photo issue...but couldn't hurt to dump it and see what happens.

I hadn't thought of the task killer possibly messing this up. I do remember reading about the task killers messing things up quite a bit before I even bought my Droid. Makes sense that it could possibly interfere with it. However, I never keep my task killer running. I always kill it when I kill all the other running apps that I don;t want running. But, maybe I'll have to play around with uninstalling it if this keeps up.

Thanks,
Josh

OP
BKS

BKS

Reaction score
*bump*.... in case anyone else has any other recommendations regarding the OP.