a couple questions, i need help un rooting

evilsock

Reaction score
ok im rooted with the 2.3.20 update deodexed.
i need to take it back to vzw (earpeice is messed up)
i heard u cannot sbf the 2.3.20 update. is this true?
in not is there a sbf for the update?
and final question.. since this is my 2nd d2 swap, what are the chances of them giving me a d2g as a swap?:blink::confused:

Quicksilver7714

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Not sure about using sfb with the 2.3.20 update.
You haven't removed any bloatware have you? You need all software that came with the phone to revert back to stock through sfb or it will fail.
Chances of you getting a D2G are very unlikely. Sorry

OP
evilsock

evilsock

Reaction score
i only renamed things from .apk to .bak so i can put it all back. can anyone chime in who knows about the sbf please. i need to get to vzw asap. thanks for any help

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Not sure about using sfb with the 2.3.20 update.
You haven't removed any bloatware have you? You need all software that came with the phone to revert back to stock through sfb or it will fail.
Chances of you getting a D2G are very unlikely. Sorry

That's not quite right. You can return to stock minus the bloat ware. In the Market you will find an app called z4Root. Install this and it will give you the choice of going back to stock or redoing the root you already have. It's free.

Now what will happen is if an update comes through you will need to recover those files in order to update. And fwiw the SBF does work with D2 as well.

Quicksilver7714

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
That's not quite right. You can return to stock minus the bloat ware. In the Market you will find an app called z4Root. Install this and it will give you the choice of going back to stock or redoing the root you already have. It's free.

Now what will happen is if an update comes through you will need to recover those files in order to update. And fwiw the SBF does work with D2 as well.

I'm sorry I was thinking about updating. You have to have all the bloatware apps installed to update to another version if remember correctly. Other wise the update will fail. You don't need them to return to stock though.
Thanks hook. :)

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk.
Thank you to those that have served and are currently serving in the military.
Happy Veterains Day.