A couple of things I noticed...new Droid user...

gszeman

Reaction score
Hi,

A couple of things that I noticed and was wondering if there are any apps or settings that I can try to change it how I want it.

1) On my Storm I really liked the fact that I had an app for my messages that had my e-mail, SMS and MMS messages all in one place. I would just clisk messages and could see any new e-mails, MMS or SMS texts and reply to them right from there. Is there anything like this for the Droid?

2) I'm not a big fan of the lock feature...it seems to lock so quickly! I would like an option to set the lock only when I want the phone locked, like when I put t in my pocket etc. Is there a setting for that I've missed, or maybe a different lock app that works that way?

3) I saw a thread with some unlock codes...i could really use the traffic light changer, but I can't figure out where to type the code? Lol...just kidding! I'm a newbie...but not that new :p

Thanks in advance for your help! Here's a banana for your troubles. :icon_ banana:

Glenn

V

verian

Its 55443126 to turn the lights yellow
55443127 to turn the lights red
55443128 for green

see simple your now a master droid hacker.

V

verian

anyways I don't think there is anything that will help you. You can change the time duration before the lock enables but not anything that will make it lock when you put it in your pocket.

koralyne

Reaction score
Hi,

A couple of things that I noticed and was wondering if there are any apps or settings that I can try to change it how I want it.

1) On my Storm I really liked the fact that I had an app for my messages that had my e-mail, SMS and MMS messages all in one place. I would just clisk messages and could see any new e-mails, MMS or SMS texts and reply to them right from there. Is there anything like this for the Droid?

2) I'm not a big fan of the lock feature...it seems to lock so quickly! I would like an option to set the lock only when I want the phone locked, like when I put t in my pocket etc. Is there a setting for that I've missed, or maybe a different lock app that works that way?

3) I saw a thread with some unlock codes...i could really use the traffic light changer, but I can't figure out where to type the code? Lol...just kidding! I'm a newbie...but not that new :p

Thanks in advance for your help! Here's a banana for your troubles. :icon_ banana:

Glenn
1)Im actually kinda dissapointed with the stock email app on this phone too, the kinda app you said the storm had sounds awesome!
2)the only possible way i can think that it would be able to lock when you put it in your pocket, is an app that uses the proximity sensor, but then again, it wouldnt be able to tell between your pocket and anything that comes close to the sensor.
3) AHAHA! i was thinking, oh god, seriously? then read the rest XD

MrKleen

Reaction score
Quote:
"3) I saw a thread with some unlock codes...i could really use the traffic light changer, but I can't figure out where to type the code? Lol...just kidding! I'm a newbie...but not that new :p"

As you read this forum for awhile you will come to find that you are very much ahead of many since you realize that those videos were jokes! You are not a Droid noob.... you are an advanced veteran!

warrior21

Reaction score
You can try an app called screen mode widget for the lock. It has 3 settings that you can toggle. If you don't want the lock screen this can bypass it.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

OP
gszeman

gszeman

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies. I wasn't really looking for something that would detect when I put it in my pocket...I guess what I meant was that I could manually hit the lock whenever I thought it was necessary.

Glad I could make a few of you laugh :D

Thanks Warrior, I'll have to try that out and see if it fits what I'm looking for,

Glenn

pigpen

Reaction score
yeah, hit the power button once quickly, that puts the screen asleep. To get the lock screen back just tap the power button again. Hold the power button and you get the silent mode/airplane mode/power off window.

Skaggz

Reaction score
The app Executive Assistant could be what you are looking for. Here is what it looks like on my homescreen:
CAP201002221845.jpg

That is the 2x2 widget at the bottom. (Pay no attention to the white icons at the very bottom, that's Home++) The six colored icons are tabs for the main screen of the widget. First is missed calls, second is calendar events, third is gmail, fourth is sms, fifth is RSS feeds, and sixth is Facebook. There is also a twitter tab you can enable as well. Likewise, you can disable any of the tabs you don't need as well.

When you click on, say, the SMS tab, your unread messages will be displayed on the main portion of the widget. Clicking on the tab again will open the messaging application. Clicking on the main portion of the widget will give you a larger display if you have enough messages that cannot all be shown. Clicking on an individual message will bring up a box where you can directly reply to the sender. All this goes for the gmail tab as well. Missed calls, calendar, SMS and gmail are updated instantly, while you can set the refresh rate for RSS, Facebook, and twitter to your liking.

There are multiple sizes of the widget avaliable. It also has a lockscreen overlay, where all this stuff is displayed fullscreen when you unlock your phone. I've never used that feature, so I cannot vouch for it.

Give it a shot, there is a free version avaliable on the market. I hope this helps.

OP
gszeman

gszeman

Reaction score
Thanks Skaggz...it looks to be the closest thing that I've seen. I appreciate the info on setting it up...heading to the market now.

OP
gszeman

gszeman

Reaction score
That wasn't exactly what I was looking for, but I like it...really nice app, helped me clean a lot of the icons off my home screen. Thanks!

cb2000a

Reaction score
Its 55443126 to turn the lights yellow
55443127 to turn the lights red
55443128 for green

see simple your now a master droid hacker.

I think you are mistaken. The red code is 55443128 and the green is 55443127.

:icon_ banana: