A better chat client than Meebo?

phreek

Reaction score
With Meebo's force closes and lack of chat history, does anyone know of a better chat client? Preferably one supports both AIM and YIM.

Silver Member
Reaction score
force close and lack of chat history? i haven't powered meebo up in a while, but i don't remember either of those being an issue.

carbine

Reaction score
With Meebo's force closes and lack of chat history, does anyone know of a better chat client? Preferably one supports both AIM and YIM.

I've also yet to find a decent chat client. Meebo was the best so far, but because of the issues above I don't do instant messaging from my Droid.

OP
phreek

phreek

Reaction score

I've also yet to find a decent chat client. Meebo was the best so far, but because of the issues above I don't do instant messaging from my Droid.

I try to avoid it, but when I'm at work and having issues with remote desktop to my home PC and I forgot my laptop, it's my only option

searayman

Reaction score

if you have a free meebo account you do get a chat history

Technoman

Reaction score

if you have a free meebo account you do get a chat history

I am not sure what you are talking about. I rarely have a FC on Meebo. It has the number of chat messages that I set it for in history. Now should the APP close, it does not save them.

By the way, Meebo does not use your test messages for the IM functions. It is a true connected (network) IM APP.

yotsume

Reaction score
I am new to the DROID phone. So far I find that the app eBuddy works perfect as a chat client for my phone. Two things however need improved ASAP:

1. eBuddy needs to add Skype ASAP.
  2. eBuddy needs to allow you to change the font size in the chat and the ability to use bubbles.
Other then that I have no problems with eBuddy on my phone. It stays connected and never crashes.

Technoman

Reaction score
I am new to the DROID phone. So far I find that the app eBuddy works perfect as a chat client for my phone. Two things however need improved ASAP:

1. eBuddy needs to add Skype ASAP.
  2. eBuddy needs to allow you to change the font size in the chat and the ability to use bubbles.
Other then that I have no problems with eBuddy on my phone. It stays connected and never crashes.

I so can't stand the bubbles.... that was the FIRST thing that I turned off on every chat client I tried. If it couldn't be turned off.... I uninstalled it.

briand515

Reaction score
I tried Meebo but I had force close problems also, out of what I tried so far eBuddy is the best and hasn't crashed on me yet.

Riley

Reaction score
I use eBuddy, but discovered yesterday that if I happen to have it logged in a while and go back into the app, it asks me to sign in again, therefore I'm assuming it's force closing or loosing a connection even though I see it running in my notification bar. I don't know it happens until i go back into the app.