A basic question

dfmember

Reaction score
Is turning the Droid on and off the simplest ways to make it sleep and awaken? Is there an application that'll make it easier to do those functions? I'd like an Icon that I can touch to make it sleep so it doesn't keep opening apps when it's in my pocket.

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Yes.

You can adjust how long it stays awake (when left alone) in the settings. I just hit the power button on my phone and it stays asleep until I hit it again. If you hold the power button in for longer then you get the option to shut it down all the way (turn it off).

hondaguy520

Reaction score
Is turning the Droid on and off the simplest ways to make it sleep and awaken? Is there an application that'll make it easier to do those functions? I'd like an Icon that I can touch to make it sleep so it doesn't keep opening apps when it's in my pocket.

you can download screebl , it will put your phone to sleep durring certain orientations and degrees that your holding your phone at, that you set. like i had mine set when i lay it flat it goes to sleep then when i pick it up it will turn the screen on and stay on that way you dont have to worry about it going to sleep whilst watching something

OP
D

dfmember

Reaction score
Does Screebl ever make your phone sleep when you're in the middle of doing something else with the device or is it consistent in going to sleep just when you lay it on a flat surface?

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Does Screebl ever make your phone sleep when you're in the middle of doing something else with the device or is it consistent in going to sleep just when you lay it on a flat surface?
Even with screebl if you lay it flat it will go to sleep.

hondaguy520

Reaction score

it goes to sleep/stays awake under certain circumstances that you set it, like you can set the range of degrees that your holding your phone, say when i hold it at a 30-90 degree angle stay on .... sooo when its in range it will ALWAYS stay awake, when its not in range it will go to sleep, of course you can overide it just by hitting the power button

OP
D

dfmember

Reaction score
I know it goes to sleep if you lay it flat....I need to know if it ever goes to sleep when you're working in an application.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I know it goes to sleep if you lay it flat....I need to know if it ever goes to sleep when you're working in an application.

With Screebl it will keep your Droid awake. Screenplay IMHO is a must have app.

OP
D

dfmember

Reaction score
Okay hookbill, I can't find "Screenplay", where do I find such a thing?