911 mayday do not do the new verizon update!! A phone killer

wyattspoppa

Reaction score
The caplocks are intentional, forgive the break in protocol but you'll see it was important.
Do not do the new verizon update without contacting verizon first! I had one today that reset my phone every 60 seconds as long as my battery was plugged in. I thought it might be some nefarious software but after calling verizon, they immediately asked if i did the update, my new phone will be here monday, no questions asked. She even asked if i had an old phone she could activate in the meantime. Don't do what i did and start removing apps and programs or check your sd card contents etc, it's not you, the update is a phone-killer.
If you did an update this morning and your phone is constantly resetting, don't waste your day trying to fix it, call verizon and enjoy your new phone, if you haven't installed the update, for pete's sake, don't! Back up any data you can as i've done, pull your sd card and save your photos and video, whatever apps you have on there. It's a hassle as it crashes after about 60 seconds so work fast, keep your phone plugged into your charger while you do it since the reboots drain the battery very quickly, also take breaks if you have alot of stuff so you don't overheat the unit and don't forget to pull off your screensaver, phone cover and sd card before you return it. Message me if i can help and good luck.
The verizon tech line is 800-922-0204
cheers

robssm

Reaction score
LOL my droid RAZR was just hosed by some wierd OTA.. Late at night phone asked to reboot for no reason, started bootlooping.. I recovered it, but now No factory reset, and phone FCs all the time, and same thing, Verizon didn't even ask me about apps or anything they just asked me where to send a new phone for free... Also, I am NOT insured and the warranty is up and so I was sort of perplexed by the compliance..

They know the last few updates were screwed up, they have too, a business is not in business to give away replacement phones...

I implore EVERYONE on Verizon to NOT TAKE ANY UPDATES at least for the foreseeable future because there is something seriously wrong going on here..

And, if you have a Razr, try to root it *immediately*. At least then you maintain control of the phone to be able to roll it back if you need to do so. Once this update hits a Razr, its game over.

There is now 2 other people I know personally who have Razrs that will NOT factory reset..

LoudRam

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Z Flip 3
I wonder if it's a problem with VZ or Motorola? I'm surprised we don't hear about more problems with these updates.

Sent from my HTC Rezound using Droid Forums

robssm

Reaction score
Just spoke with Verizon, and they acknowledged that there is some issue with some of the OTA updates..

Also too, they also admitted that now you CANNOT deny an update. THE OTA'S ARE NOW FORCED AND YOU CANNOT OPT OUT ANYMORE.