.621/.622 rooted yet?

lafont28

Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone has heard who if anyone is working on rooting the new update at all or if i should start looking into a new device?

albinoman

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
I believe there is a root method for the global...

OP
lafont28

lafont28

Reaction score
Yeh ive seen that method but that build version is .629. Im stuck with this r2d2 that i got as a replacement about 2 weeks ago and its running. 622. And none of the known methods for root have worked for me so far. I saw someone over at xda claims they got it to work using petes but he hasnt got back about what system he is using and when i tried it i got nowhere. Im truly starting to hate motorola at this point

albinoman

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Looks like your screwed until a dev figures it out.

OP
lafont28

lafont28

Reaction score
Yeh thats pretty much what i figured........if anyone is even bothering with the headache for this device

OP
lafont28

lafont28

Reaction score
That would be amazing! Much thanks to anyone and everyone who takes part in the process

OP
lafont28

lafont28

Reaction score
I just hope a method is found soon im just about going through flash withdrawl

AcridGosling

Reaction score
I feel your pain. The first step to gaining root access is reverse engineering the sbf file to see how it blocked it. The sbf just got leaked a few days ago, so hopefully it will be rootable again shortly. Until then, may I suggest: :banghead:

Sent from my DROID2 OTA updated .621, non-rooted 2.3.4 :( R.I.P. root access

OP
lafont28

lafont28

Reaction score
I gave up banging my head about 10 minutes after I realized they sent me this phone with the update already on it LOL but thanks for the advice

Sent from stock **sighs** R2D2

OP
lafont28

lafont28

Reaction score
Sounds a lot like what happened to me excpet the sound just stopped working on mine. Couldn't hear calls, music, or ringer. Even had the same problem with contacts because I use all the go replacements too

AcridGosling

Reaction score
Sounds a lot like what happened to me excpet the sound just stopped working on mine. Couldn't hear calls, music, or ringer. Even had the same problem with contacts because I use all the go replacements too

It sucks.

Sent from my DROID2 OTA updated .621, non-rooted 2.3.4 :( R.I.P. root access

xIronCrossx

Reaction score
[h=1]root method may have been found read here
New root method for stock 621/622 found (Droid2, R2D2)[/h]

I can confirm that works. Now running LiquidSmooth and it is beautiful, so glad someone got root on .621.

It's also very easy, takes maybe 5 minutes depending on how fast your flashing goes.(Longest part). Very easy instructions as well, at least for Windows.

Oh and if you can't download that motohelp, use the one from your phone, it should automatically install it.