+ Download Manager App:
New App to manage all of your downloads from
web browsing, email attachments and other apps.
+ App and Power Management Details:
Under Manage Applications, a new “Running” tab displays a list of active
applications , as well asthe storage and memory being used by each.
+ Multi-Touch Key-Chording:
New ability to enter numbers and symbols with keyboard shortcut combos,
without having to change to the numeric keyboard mode.
+ Improved Word Selection and Copy Functionality:
New capability to select a word via press-hold. A second press of
the selected word copies the selected characters.
+ New User Interface and Color Scheme:
New widgets, icons and screens with refreshed colors.
+ Dock Icons:
Three swappable icons and the App Launcher icon are fixed to the Dock at
the bottom of all home screen panels for easy and instant access. The Phone,
App Launcher and Contacts icons are now within this a customizable dock.
+ App Groups:
New App Menu allows creation of custom app groups, in addition to 3 default groups:
All Apps, Recent and Downloaded.
+ Emergent Groups and Smart Contacts:
Based on usage, participant and addressee suggestions are made in Calendar entries,
emails and text messages. Create groups instantly based on the context of what
you’re doing. For example, quickly create a group based on a suggested Calendar
invitee list or the group of people with whom you’re texting.
+ Updated Calendar Options:
• Display Calendar and event times in your home time zone when traveling.
• Dismiss individual reminders, such as dismissing one meeting reminder without
dismissing other meeting reminders.
• Easy conference dialing – simply dial and automatically enter a conference
code directly from your Calendar.
+ Geo-Tagging for Camera applications.
+ Calendar application:
• Calendar appointments created on the device with Exchange ActiveSync will
correctly display on the device.
• Update calendar appointments with Exchange ActiveSync without deleting them.
• Successfully sync the Inbox and Calendar when using Exchange ActiveSync.
+ Email application:
• Improved contact syncing from multiple accounts.
• Email pushes now work correctly when using Exchange ActiveSync.
• Exchange ActiveSync account setup will accurately present server option.
• Forwarded emails send properly while using Exchange ActiveSync.
• POP3/IMAP emails now show the correct date stamp.
+ Successfully edit Contacts without being directed to the home screen.
+ Autofocus Camera feature has been improved for use in low-light conditions.
+ Improved battery life while using Bluetooth®.
+ V CAST Media Manager App is now preloaded.
+ The LED indicator will blink after a text message or a missed call.
+ Device no longer defaults to black screen after performing over-the-air (OTA) updates.
+ All calendar events will successfully transfer after software upgrade.
+ Transfer 3G data without interruption.
+ Changes implemented to avoid data stall in some conditions.
+ Changes implemented to fix power cycle issue after previous over the air upgrade.
Question about this part; does doing all this basically wipe the phone of all user data? ie. having to set the phone up again.[*]BE ROOTED ON A .340 ROM
[*]REBOOT INTO RECOVERY
[*]THIS ORDER IS IMPORTANT. FOLLOW
[*]FORMAT SYSTEM UNDER MOUNTS