6.5 Performance update

Biggdogg76

Reaction score
I have been using 6.5 for quite some time now and have noticed that besides the typical redraw issues I am getting terrible performance and response from my camera, it freezes, it's choppy, and some pictures look grainy. I have tried many clock speeds and nothing seems to help. I am still using the stock PE6.5 kernel but I'm wondering if anyone has had better camera performance with a different kernel?

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

diggy488

Reaction score
I'm using CorCor's LV 1050ghz kernel.
Min CPU: 500mhz
Max CPU: 850mhz

Best performance on my Droid, and I've tried several. Camera stops being choppy when I decreased to the 850mhz speed. Overall performance is great, considering age of phone. Only complaints are poor battery life and rare camera/camcorder freeze-ups. The phone will keep me at bay until the Prime (hopefully) comes out. Thanks again to the PE team!

OP
Biggdogg76

Biggdogg76

Reaction score
I am going to give the Cor a try and see if it helps. Overall its an awesome Rom but I need the speed and stability I got from PE4.2,

Pleirosei

Reaction score
I am going to give the Cor a try and see if it helps. Overall its an awesome Rom but I need the speed and stability I got from PE4.2,

Ginger bread isn't made for the droid. Don't think you will get anything comparable to 4.2

diggy488

Reaction score
Ironically, with 4.2, I was never able to get the speeds I get with Gingerbread. As they say, every phone is different!

666ogre666

Reaction score
Yea my phone is way faster with GB minus the little quirks here and there. However, PE 6.5 never ran that well for me, I have SS going and its great.

OP
Biggdogg76

Biggdogg76

Reaction score
Back to 4.2 for me. It was worth a shot. I dealt with the quirks of Gingerbread all summer

mg8199

Reaction score
I have been using 6.5 for quite some time now and have noticed that besides the typical redraw issues I am getting terrible performance and response from my camera, it freezes, it's choppy, and some pictures look grainy. I have tried many clock speeds and nothing seems to help. I am still using the stock PE6.5 kernel but I'm wondering if anyone has had better camera performance with a different kernel?

The 6.5 stock Elite Series v3LV 900mhz kernel
Heap size is at 32
Compcache disabled
Gov set at "Interactive"
Max CPU is at 900
Min at 250

I use CacheMate to clear my cache once a day and I clear the Dalvik once or twice a week.
My phone has never been faster. It took me about 6 months of tweaking until I finally was able to get settled on this. The cache clearing made a HUGE difference. I do like 6.5 better than the previous versions.
My camera was awfully bad until I implemented those settings. Now the camera works fine (minus some lag every now and then).
Hopefully those settings work for yours as well. Give them a try.