5/20/10 - Simply Stunning v3.2 ROM - Titanium Backup/New Icons/10% Battery Increments

OP
ChevyNo1

ChevyNo1

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
OK, for the folks that have grabbed Aixelsyd's Vending.apk and are still having problems ... make sure there is no vending in /data:

adb shell ls /data/app|grep -i vending

If that returns anything ... delete it:

adb shell rm <filename>

OP
ChevyNo1

ChevyNo1

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
@gnmitchell - Thanks! Glad to hear it's working out this well for you :)

Slider46

Reaction score
I'm now getting 3-5 forceclose messages a day from apps like AK notepad, beautiful widgets. Mostly BW though. Would a complete wipe help? I came from simply stunning v2.2 or 2.3 by way of the update.zip

gnmitchell

Reaction score
I'm now getting 3-5 forceclose messages a day from apps like AK notepad, beautiful widgets. Mostly BW though. Would a complete wipe help? I came from simply stunning v2.2 or 2.3 by way of the update.zip

I would definitely do a complete wipe. I was having similar issue's until I completely wiped.

OP
ChevyNo1

ChevyNo1

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score

If coming from my 2.X versions - I would definitely wipe and see if that clears it up

meishkov

Reaction score
Dang it. This happens very often. Basically every time when I'm using the browser and I get a text, I'll pull down the notification bar and open it and reply to it. Then I hit back to go back to the browser, and the webpage will automatically refresh. Even if it's already 100% loaded. It also happens if a webpage is fully loaded, and I hit the sleep button on top, then a few minutes later unlock it and open up the browser, the page will refresh automatically again.

Anybody else have issues like these?? I tried looking in the browser settings for something, but there's nothing related to something like that. Suggestions? ?

jayarmstrong

Reaction score
Anybody else have issues like these?? I tried looking in the browser settings for something, but there's nothing related to something like that. Suggestions? ?
This is normal. The OS is flushing the memory of an inactive app (your browser) to free up more memory for active apps (your messaging app). You could use a task killer to regularly kill background apps and then you'd have more free memory to begin with, or you could try a different browser (xscope ftw!). And next time, you could post your own thread to solve a problem that's unrelated to this post ;)

B

budmonster

Is there anyway to take the HQ Video Recording Tweak (credit to Fede) from here so I can add it to my personal rom? id appreciate it, thanks!

meishkov

Reaction score
So anybody know if SS 3.3 is going to be a 2.1 based ROM or 2.2?? Seems like the advantages of 2.2 is going to make 2.1 based roms obselete.

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
$100 says chevy already has something in the works :icon_eek:

mcsinfl

Reaction score
So anybody know if SS 3.3 is going to be a 2.1 based ROM or 2.2?? Seems like the advantages of 2.2 is going to make 2.1 based roms obselete.

I think Chevy only works from source, which isn't released. I would be surprised if he releases a 2.2 beforehand.

meishkov

Reaction score
Hmmmm. I switched to launcherpro and my phone is running as smoothly as it did when I first got it. I had some problems earlier though. My phone kept like freezing up. In my call log when I hit the dial button next to the person's name, it didn't do anything. Then it would pop up saying dialer force close/wait. Any ideas?? I rebooted and it works now.

And some of my text messages aren't going through. Some people wouldn't even get them, while others would get them like a half hour after I sent it. I switched to that froyo baseband file and switched it to EVRC-B earlier. I've tried clearing the cache and did a fix_permissions in terminal emulator. Any other ideas??

jayarmstrong

Reaction score
Any other ideas??
I just read that that baseband update is for 2.2 only. Are you running SS or the froyo ROM?
The dialer fc/wait could be caused by any app hogging the CPU at the time you went to dial. If you continue to get a lot of that then use a system monitor tool (I'm liking SystemPanel) and find the responsible apps.

meishkov

Reaction score
Any other ideas??
I just read that that baseband update is for 2.2 only. Are you running SS or the froyo ROM?
The dialer fc/wait could be caused by any app hogging the CPU at the time you went to dial. If you continue to get a lot of that then use a system monitor tool (I'm liking SystemPanel) and find the responsible apps.

I thought that baseband they said works on any ROM. I'm running SS 3.2, and I made multiple calls earlier today, so I have no idea why the dialer would trip out randomly. Like I said the reboot solved that problem. Don't know about the delayed texts though. I'm gonna check out that app you suggested. Thanks.