4th droid

dobie_mommy

Reaction score
yes, I'm on my 4th Droid. All different issues, from complete failure on my NEW droid, to 2 factory rebuids that failed. the first being the ear piece (so I had to use speaker only), and the second rebuild failed to boot, showing only a loop at powering up, then a grey screen. Just picked up my 3rd factory rebuild. BUYER BEWARE! Get insurance.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Sorry to hear about your problems...

Welcome to the Forum.

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
I'm only counting 3. I'm confused.....

nontheless, I'm glad you decided to register here because if you run into any issues the members here are excellent at helping people work out issues.

I've also moved your thread to appropriate section.

Welcome aboard.

rkeller62

Reaction score
Here's hoping number 4 is the charmed one!! Once you get it working you will love it, just stick with it.

natediddy1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum....

But the chances of getting 3 defective Droids, in a row...is pretty much almost impossible...

No offense to OP but there HAS to be something they're are doing....cause that doesn't make sense?

jsh1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
yes, I'm on my 4th Droid. All different issues, from complete failure on my NEW droid, to 2 factory rebuids that failed. the first being the ear piece (so I had to use speaker only), and the second rebuild failed to boot, showing only a loop at powering up, then a grey screen. Just picked up my 3rd factory rebuild. BUYER BEWARE! Get insurance.

Please stay away from me and my phone. :)

aacanela73

Reaction score
Insurance will kick back warrenty issues and you have to pay a deductable for every claim you make. Insurance should only be used for damage or lost/stolen. Not for technical problems. Please don't pay a deductable for warrenty issues. Take it back to where you purchased it from first.

OP
D

dobie_mommy

Reaction score
Oops

Original phone froze. 1st replacement the earpiece failed. 2nd replacement froze on booting. just picked up the 4th!

OP
D

dobie_mommy

Reaction score
Funny man. I take care of my DROIDS like they are the precious little machines that they are. Husband has one, got it at the same time, not a problem with his. He must be living right.

KZIWarrior

Silver Member
Reaction score
Funny man. I take care of my DROIDS like they are the precious little machines that they are. Husband has one, got it at the same time, not a problem with his. He must be living right.

:welcome: to the forums.
? so is it the phones or the user?:icon_ devil:

lol, you're not alone, there have been several people on various forums since day one stating that they've been through 3 or more phone... but I'm curious how so many people can pick up a new phone and not have a single problem and others can go through 3+ units... I still figure that (no offense meant) there is something that some users are doing unintentionally cause at least some of the problems... statistically speaking if there are that many faulty units (i.e. enough for some people to get multiple defective units) than the overall reported failure rate(s) would be a LOT higher than they are.

SGTiger

Reaction score
... but I'm curious how so many people can pick up a new phone and not have a single problem and others can go through 3+ units... I still figure that (no offense meant) there is something that some users are doing unintentionally cause at least some of the problems... statistically speaking if there are that many faulty units (i.e. enough for some people to get multiple defective units) than the overall reported failure rate(s) would be a LOT higher than they are.

Exactly what I am always thinking whenever I see where someone has went through 3 or more phones.

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
I'll be on my 4th Droid monday and I've done absolutely nothing to harm them. I have 3 apps installed and do nothing other than phone and text. It's very possible to have horrible luck. My current droid's ear speaker has started having tons of static with the volume over 50%, so I went to verizon and asked them to set up a swap for me.

First one's internet kept dying and the only way to get the internet back was to turn the phone off and on.

Second one's orientation sensor died and wouldn't change when rotated.

And the third is of course the ear speaker static.

All problems were hardware related failures, confirmed by Verizon.