4G LTE Pricing?

jimmyco2008

Reaction score
Hey all,

I know it's still early, but does anyone know if the price for 4G LTE data going to be as high as the bandwidth?

Best case scenario I can get the Thunderbolt with unlimited data for the classic $29.99/month, but Verizon disappoints sometimes. So yeah anyone have any insight or information on this?

If you're a Verizon employee, perhaps you know? haha

RafficaX

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
I'm wondering this also. Bc if 4G gonna cost a crazy price or have a $30 with only 2 gigs or just 5 gigs ill get an x and wait 2 yrs til 4g goes down in price or offers unlimited at a decent price.

Sent from my Sourcery using DroidForums App

Quicksilver7714

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
OP
jimmyco2008

jimmyco2008

Reaction score
Which is why I am still wondering. haha

Yeah if I can't get unlimited, then no deal, I will just have to stay with 3G for life or go to Sprint, maybe T-Mobile if they expand coverage more, that's how important unlimited data is for me, it is a must.

ISUVetMed

Reaction score
I called customer support asking about an early upgrade and I the rep told me she thought it was best to wait for one of the new 4G phones to come out. I asked her if I could have to change my contract or upgrade to an LTE contract and was told that my 3G unlimited plan would transfer over and I would be able to use the 4G phones and LTE without having to upgrade. Again they have been wrong before so who knows...

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
I called customer support asking about an early upgrade and I the rep told me she thought it was best to wait for one of the new 4G phones to come out. I asked her if I could have to change my contract or upgrade to an LTE contract and was told that my 3G unlimited plan would transfer over and I would be able to use the 4G phones and LTE without having to upgrade. Again they have been wrong before so who knows...

That would shock me if true.....

ISUVetMed

Reaction score

That would shock me if true.....

Yeah thats what I thought also, I figured I would have to purchase a 4G plan but she assured me that wouldnt be the case. I wont have 4G in my area till 2013 if we ever get it, I just wanted to make sure I could still upgrade to a new phone because the LTE isnt a big deal for me. Customer service is wrong a lot, the lady I talked to was one of the managers though so maybe she knows more than the rest are willing to release.

RafficaX

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
i doubt it. with the speed increase for 4g there gonna make there money on it. they want it to replace home land line services so of course they will charge more, especially since we can wifi tether to cheat and stuff. unlimited may become $50 a month is my guess. which is tooooo expensive for me. ill stick with 3g and get a droid x and keep it for 2 yrs lol til 4g drops in price or i find a better deal.

OP
jimmyco2008

jimmyco2008

Reaction score
I dunno, I assume Verizon will make enough money off of the hardware and the two year contracts. Besides, LTE costs less to operate. But I watched (most of) the CES event for Verizon, and they STILL have no idea how they are going to price LTE. If I ran that company, in fact if anyone on this forum ran that company, it would be unlimited LTE for $29.99/month, pretty much the same pricing and plans, no changes. No one here would reduce the price I think, since if they were the CEO of Verizon, they would get free service. But that's irrelevant, the point is that the decision isn't that hard. And if they haven't decided yet, you know by the time CES rolled around, it makes sense that they would schedule another CES-like event to make more announcements on what they couldn't announce at CES, including LTE pricing and data caps.

toddabuilder

Reaction score
Maybe, just maybe the iPhone coming will force Verizon to get as many current customers to upgrade to LTE to make room on their 3G system. If this becomes the case, (again maybe) Verizon may keep the price and plans nearly the same. That's what I'm hoping for.

Raptor007

Reaction score
I would expect the pricing to be announced right before or on the day the first LTE phone(s) hit. The mobile broadband plans cost the same, so hopefully that bodes well for us, but even if it is $10-15 more for unlimited I wouldn't mind, so long as the price bump does take affect until you actually have 4G in your home market. The sprint move was just a bend over job anyways.

motty69

Reaction score
I would expect the pricing to be announced right before or on the day the first LTE phone(s) hit. The mobile broadband plans cost the same, so hopefully that bodes well for us, but even if it is $10-15 more for unlimited I wouldn't mind, so long as the price bump does take affect until you actually have 4G in your home market. The sprint move was just a bend over job anyways.

Agreed, I could handle a $10 bump for unlimited. I'm hoping they keep the plans exactly the way they are obviously, but I could understand (and kinda expect) a slight increase.

I think a good way to handle it would be no change to the 3G data plans, but you have the option to pay $10 a month for an LTE sim. That way people can buy and enjoy the phone, than add LTE once it's available in their area (which according the VZW's 4G site should be this year for me :icon_ banana:).

shaddix

Reaction score
I think a good way to handle it would be no change to the 3G data plans, but you have the option to pay $10 a month for an LTE sim. That way people can buy and enjoy the phone, than add LTE once it's available in their area (which according the VZW's 4G site should be this year for me :icon_ banana:).

That would be frakking amazing.....

Uncopy

Reaction score
from what I've been able to find, it's $50 for 5gb of data monthly, $10 per gb over that. also saw that verizon network testers were able to burn through the 5gb in 32 minutes.

Sent from my ADR6300

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
from what I've been able to find, it's $50 for 5gb of data monthly, $10 per gb over that. also saw that verizon network testers were able to burn through the 5gb in 32 minutes.

Sent from my ADR6300

That's for their data cards only. They not have released their phone pricing yet.