4G future (all networks)

choklitcow

Reaction score
I was reading Melone's interview in the wallstreet journal about this. Sounded very interesting. The one quote I didn't care for, and didn't make this article due to it being only about 4g, was " "as much data as you can consume is the big issue that has to change."

Definitely an educated assumption, but with the progression into 4g I expect to see the death of the unlimited data plan.

orangepeel

Reaction score
Definitely an educated assumption, but with the progression into 4g I expect to see the death of the unlimited data plan.

I'm not sure I like the sound of that. I can understand having something like Comcast has with a 100 gig limit,but this 5 gig limit on 3G is a joke.

I know 4G is supposed to reach out more miles because it uses a different signal,and that's a bonus,but other than that what good would it be to have blazing fast downloads? All you're going to do is burn through your limit (if they actually have one)that much faster....in a lot of cases,maybe not all.

I'm not talking about smart phones,I'm talking data cards. You see Verizon and Sprint are touting how it's faster than DSL,so if they're going to run that pie hole they better be able to give us a high data cap.If these people will play their cards right,and really build it out right,they could really put the squeeze on DSL,or at the very least make it super cheap.

I'm just talking out loud here.We don't know what the cap is going to be,or if the will have one at all. I get slightly heated because years ago I signed up with Verizon UNLIMITED access and they changed the TOS and kicked me off their network,then I went to Sprint unlimited and a few months later they changed their TOS and from what I understand I was some of the few lucky ones that got grandfathered in,and I stay between 6-22 gig a month (average 11-12 gigs) and they never said a word...yet. :happy: