3G to 1x to No Data Connection?

hajabooja

Reaction score
So I have been having some trouble with my Droid. While I am at work I will have 3G coverage and be using it fine with 2-3 bars. All of the sudden the coverage will drop and go to 1x or nothing. I let it sit for a few minutes and then it comes back. Or I have to turn Airplane mode on and off to get it back. Really annoying. I am in really good coverage area and it does the samething outside of my work. Anyone else having this problem? Verizon shows full 3G coverage around the city I live in (I know these aren't exact but still).

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
sometimes i drop to 1x too, but it's usually for a couple of seconds, probably a minute at most. what you can do is dial *228 which will reconnect to the closest cell tower. Might help?

OP
H

hajabooja

Reaction score
Hmm... no one else having this problem? Maybe I'll go into the Verizon store and see if they can give me a demo Droid to see if its not just my phone.

wuyanks

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
i don't find it as a problem, but it happens to me once every few days

OP
H

hajabooja

Reaction score
Is there a way to manually load PRLs? I'd like to play with this to see if I can get anything out of it. Its just really annoying. I can open Google Maps and watch "My Location" jump around the map to three different spots when I have GPS turned off.

BrokeStat

Reaction score
yeah i have this same exact problem.. it will be 4 bars then drop to none and switch in and out of 3G to 1X and back n forth .. i doesnt happen all the time but it happens

dj.lew

Reaction score
I've had the problem fresh out of the box. My csr at the Verizon couldn't even get it to work. An hour after I left the store I got reception, wake up the next day and I haven't had any luck since then. I was told that since there are a lot of people buying and activating the phone that I should just wait it out a bit and see what happens.

saraskeen

Reaction score
yes I have this problem! Droid 4! Why isn't verizon fixing it?