3G Reception Issue

Kid A

Reaction score
Sorry if this problem has already been reported, I looked through this forum and couldn't find a thread about it.

It hasn't been happening too often, but every now and then I'll find myself in an area of 3G coverage, and my Droid will not pick it up. Instead it will display the "1X" icon with only about 2 bars lit at the most. When I reboot my phone however, I'm able to recieve a strong 3G signal.

Has anyone else encountered this? Is there an update that can fix it? I definitely don't want to stop using Sapphire because I've found it to be the best suited ROM for my Droid, given how cool it runs and how speedy it is. On the other hand though, I can't afford to miss calls.

Thanks!

kkinderen

Reaction score
Yep. I see the same thing. I have C_01.43.01P baseband installed. It is the same baseband as previous ROMs I've used but this is the first time I've seen my phone say 1x instead of 3G. I have pretty good coverage in my neighborhood.

OP
Kid A

Kid A

Reaction score
I actually don't have any baseband updates installed. I was considering downloading one but I'm pretty new to this, and I wasn't sure if any baseband update would work or if I'd have to wait for one from CVPCS.

kkinderen

Reaction score
Mine was upgraded when using a different ROM. Compared with your results, it doesn't seem like it would be a fix. I think it is a good idea to hang around here to see if the issue is seen by others and if the devs have any comment.

pdroid

Silver Member
Reaction score
I actually don't have any baseband updates installed. I was considering downloading one but I'm pretty new to this, and I wasn't sure if any baseband update would work or if I'd have to wait for one from CVPCS.

cvpcs does not provide baseband updates. they are basically leaked from moto/verizon and you need to upgrade them yourself if you are not accepting OTA upgrades.

OP
Kid A

Kid A

Reaction score
cvpcs does not provide baseband updates. they are basically leaked from moto/verizon and you need to upgrade them yourself if you are not accepting OTA upgrades.

Thanks. I'll try them, although as kkinderen said they might not necessarily be the fix.

EFDisaster

Reaction score
I read somewhere that the baseband updates may affect your overclock settings/kernel. Can anyone confirm this? I installed setcpu, but I haven't set up a profile or anything, I've just been letting this sapphire build do it's thing, as far the overclocking goes.

amblefinie

Reaction score
Yes, I've had 3G issues as well. You can avoid the power off/on by getting a 3G toggle widget.

OP
Kid A

Kid A

Reaction score
I read somewhere that the baseband updates may affect your overclock settings/kernel. Can anyone confirm this? I installed setcpu, but I haven't set up a profile or anything, I've just been letting this sapphire build do it's thing, as far the overclocking goes.

After posting earlier today I installed the two baseband updates and my CPU is still running at the same speed as it did before. Then again, I've only had the updates installed for several hours and I haven't had a chance to test out all of my profiles. So take from that what you will haha.