3g issues

snookieb

Reaction score
every time my screen goes idle my 3g goes away and when I go to use my phone its like the 3g has to load or something. its keeping me from streaming music n even playing certain games. help please

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

Willheis

Reaction score
Do you have a data management app such as juice defender running? Also, if you are running the gingerbread update, there is an option that let's you manage the amount of data that comes through. Maybe your settings somehow got changed.

MissionImprobable

Silver Member
Reaction score
Make sure that you have background data checked under Settings> Battery & Data> Data delivery

OP
S

snookieb

Reaction score
I have the juice defender and I was looking on here and seeing a lot of other ppl are having the same problem. maybe its the update idk. but I dnt have gb at all im not rooted. and I tinkered with my setting like with the battery settings n the wife settings. I got tht from off here too.

OP
S

snookieb

Reaction score
ooh and the data manager sometimes kicks off itself so I have to turn it back on but usually wen I have this issue its already on and working

MissionImprobable

Silver Member
Reaction score
It sounds like Juice Defender is your issue. You're better off using Power Control widget and turning off syncing when you don't need it than you are running apps like that.

OP
S

snookieb

Reaction score
wuts a power control widget n how do I turn off syncing wen im not using it n I should delete that juice app

MissionImprobable

Silver Member
Reaction score
Long press any open homescreen, then select widgets, the scroll down to power control widgets and select it. You can control syncing, gps, bluetooth wifi, and brightness from it. Anything with the green bar below it is on, so turn syncing off, the circle with two arrows. That's likely what's killing your battery.

And most likely, yes, you don't need juice defender.

OP
S

snookieb

Reaction score
I did what u said n I deleted the juice defender n my signal came back :) so I put the widget on my home screen. so I will hope it saves my battery. do u have any other tips for conserving the battery

MissionImprobable

Silver Member
Reaction score
Other than that just using wifi for surfing and whatever when you can. If you go to settings, then battery & data manager and then touch battery usage you can see what apps and processes are using most of your power and then make changes based on that if you need to. Probably best to do this when your battery has run down toward the end of the day so that you can have as much data as possible.