3G broken?

Sam

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Switched from the latest bugless beast because I thought it was a problem with the rom, now on the latest simply stunning. My 3G works occasionally after I restart the phone, but dies pretty quick. Any idea why? Running baseband C_01.41.00R and kernel 2.6.32-lowV-1.0Ghz chevyno1@ubuntu #2

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
Sam, I recall reading threads with a similar issue. Unfortunately, I do not recall seeing any solution. I had BB v4 which ran without any issues, for me. I've flashed Succulent Desire and Sapphire and neither cause any issues on my phone.

The only suggestion I have switch to SD or Sapphire, and do the *288 thing.

I sure hope you get this resolved.

Mike

OP
Sam

Sam

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Thanks Mike. I did some driving around last night and it seemed to be a localized issue. I was getting 3g elsewhere, so we must just have a tower out in my area. I suspect this might be the issue others were having.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Thanks Mike. I did some driving around last night and it seemed to be a localized issue. I was getting 3g elsewhere, so we must just have a tower out in my area. I suspect this might be the issue others were having.

Call it in Sam. They will send somebody out to fix it. I know I'm probably telling you something you already know. It will take about 4 days.

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
Glad to hear that your getting 3G in other areas so it must be a tower issue.
Mike

OP
Sam

Sam

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
ok, so an update...

i decided that since i wasn't n the latest baseband, that i would try upgrading. as it turns out, i was the only one at work having issues with their verizon 3g. SO... what i did first was dial the *22899 thing and let vzw (re)activate my phone on the old baseband. honestly, that might have fixed the problem, but i didn't go try it out (don't get 3g at the house [more on this later]) so there's no way to know for sure. then i decided while i was at it, i would just go ahead and upgrade to C_01.43.01P and again was prompted to activate my phone. i drove out to work where i noticed the original problem and had GREAT 3g service, actually a bar better than my buddy there with a droid incredible. then i came home and noticed that i currently have two bars of 3g!! that has NEVER happened. only once before have i seen the 3g icon pop up at my house, and still not showing bars...

so the moral of the story is likely to dial *22899 and that should fix it. but this new baseband is showing significant improvement over the last one..

anyway, not sure what exactly solved the problem, but doing one of those two things fixed it.