3 new problems including sudden increase in battery drain

Flfiremedic

Reaction score
Beginning yesterday, my Droid Incredible 2 began having an increased battery drain. It has also stopped going into screen saver mode automaticlly that requires waking the phone and using the lock. It now just stays active. I also have to turn it off and back on a couple of times a day to get it to actually open emails. Any help would be great.

ABQNM

Reaction score
Hate to say it but that has factory reset written all over it. Could be a rogue app but that is a lot of issues to try to pinpoint.

Sent from my brain using human to phone transport technology.

kingsway8605

Reaction score
Beginning yesterday, my Droid Incredible 2 began having an increased battery drain. It has also stopped going into screen saver mode automaticlly that requires waking the phone and using the lock. It now just stays active. I also have to turn it off and back on a couple of times a day to get it to actually open emails. Any help would be great.

I have noticed the decrease in battery life too. The stock rom (and therefore all roms based on it) has a nasty bug with system apps freezing themselves and I am wondering if this is also somehow draining the battery. It seems to be related to installing and uninstalling apps. If you go into the built in task manager, you will see a bunch of flashing before you can do anything.

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk

OP
F

Flfiremedic

Reaction score
Ok how do I factory reset and what will I loose? I have noticed that the app "Seek Droid" won't uninstall.

Sent from my ADR6350 using DroidForums

kingsway8605

Reaction score
Ok how do I factory reset and what will I loose? I have noticed that the app "Seek Droid" won't uninstall.

If you haven't installed a custom recovery, you can do it right though the settings. It is under the sd card and phone storage menu. You will lose pretty much everything, that is the point of doing it, to return you to the out of the box state. On first boot after the restore, immediately go into the market and cancel the app redownloads. Reinstall them manually, reading the reviews and being careful they are not problem causing.

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk

OP
F

Flfiremedic

Reaction score
Will I loose phone numbers? If so how can I save them?

Darkpsycho

Reaction score
Actually you will if they aren't synced to you google account. you can just back up your numbers to your sd card if you want anyways.

mountaineerndixie

Reaction score
Seekdroid is a phone finder app in case you lose it. It needs for the phone to be active as much as possible, probably. That's your culprit imo. If you are rooted, just go into system/app and delete the apk file. It's hidden so the thief can't uninstall it.