3 Hours to learn to ROOT... 7 Mins to mess up my phone!

l3oogie

Reaction score
So i have gone most of my adulthood without needing/wanting a high powered phone. Needless to say i just got a LG ally from a buddy a couple weeks ago, and recently just got it activated. I noticed the phone was running really slow after i did a hard reset... Still slower than hell. I went onto the market and found a few apps that required root access to run the app. Well thats what consumed about 3 hours of my time last night was trying to learn how to root my phone. I tell ya it was so easy but so hard if you know what i mean. Anyway finally got superuser on my phone and was so excited i finally did it... you know how u feel like you accomplished something huge but you really didnt do anything at all(reminds me of easy xbox achievements) Ok so back to the point. So i was looking around google about how to make phone faster and i read on suggestions about removing factory phone apps that take up space. Im pretty sure you see where this is going. So i went and removed some apps and i guess i removed a app that i was not suppose to. For the record i know i messed up and i know i should read alot more forums b4 i go removing apps and so on. Trust me i wish i didnt have to learn the leason the hard way but i unfortunaly have to :( Ok so after i rebooted because i put a some new droid urinating on apple screen when it turns on... When i turned phone back on there was a force close on Process com.android.phone has stopped unexpectedly. This message keeps coming up litterly every second. I force close it and it pops right back up and i cant do anything with my phone. Before i explain the problem i understand there is many thread explaing how to fix this problem... trust me i know i have done a little search unfortunatly my problems dont stop here. So when i couldnt get the force close to stop I worked my way to setting in between it popping up EVERY SECOND and i finally made it to factory reset just to not have enough time in between it popping up EVERY second. So i rememberd about popping the battery out and doing a hard reset with holding volume,home, and power. So i thought thank god i can finally fix this and the nightmare would be over... Psh if it was a perfect world it would, but here is the problem when i started the factory reset im at the screen where you have to push the droid at the welcome to ally screen right before you do the activation process... and that Force close is popping up again not allowing me to complete the reset process. I tried for hour last night trying to push that damn android icon with no luck. i wanted to throw my phone at the wall was so bad. Anyway that is my problem im stuck at this screen not being able to do anything. Just think it took me 3 hours to learn how to Root my phone and only 7 Minutes to mess my phone up

lowvolt

Reaction score
I feel your pain. I did pretty much the same thing to my X. I just searched this forum found someone that new what they were talking about and private messaged them. Learned alot and fixed the phone. I do not have an LG but I would assume the process is the same. You need to goblet search sbf'ing your phone. With mine I had to download a linux program burn it to a disk then reboot my computer from the disk into linux mode and the program did the rest. Good luck. All is not lost.

From my rooted, bricked, sbf'd, rooted again and flashed jDROIDX

OP
L

l3oogie

Reaction score
I appreciate the comment lowvolt. I really need any kinda step by step instructions. I dont understand "You need to goblet search sbf'ing your phone" <---- I dont understand what that is... If you or anyone else could explain in further detail on how to fix this problem would be great. Thanks for the help lowvolt

azdrifter

Reaction score
I hope that this isn't a dumb question and that it might be a step you might have missed, when you are in the system recovery do you do a [Data Wipe/Factory Reset and also the Wipe Cache,.and the after that you scroll down to the Advance and click on that and then do a Dalvik wipe and then reboot system] because if you miss those three steps and only do the factory wipe it doesn't actually wipe the OS and that could be why it still force closes on you.
If you have already done all that i'm sorry friend that's all I can offer at this point.

azdrifter

Reaction score
I appreciate the comment lowvolt. I really need any kinda step by step instructions. I dont understand "You need to goblet search sbf'ing your phone" <---- I dont understand what that is... If you or anyone else could explain in further detail on how to fix this problem would be great. Thanks for the help lowvolt
He means google search sbf your phone but i'm not sure if that is what it is called for LG when I had my Incredible I had to use the RUU file from HTC to unbrick my phone which is the same as an SBF so it's basically a program that will install the originall OS the factory installed with in a program from your pc.

OP
L

l3oogie

Reaction score
I have never made it to a system recovery screen... i have never seen [Data Wipe/Factory Reset and also the Wipe Cache]
I do not know how to get to the recovery screen. i heard alot of people say i need to hold volume down + power which i have done many times, unfortunatly every time i do it i dont get taken to a screen to [Data Wipe/Factory Reset and also the Wipe Cache] It just starts up normally with the screen off the hard reset and has the force close popping up still. any more insight would be greatly appreciated.

bullswife98

Reaction score
Well I've never owned an Aly before just the OG Droid1 but I have had it do that many times on that one and on the OG it basically means what I was running on it didn't mesh with the phone, could've been the kernel not playing nice with the rom or the rom not playing nice with the kernel,or the rom itself not playing nice with the phone. The fix was to boot to my recovery, wipe everything and find another rom and re-flash it back on. If you haven't rommed it then it may be what you deleted off there and your only options is to flash a rom or sbf the stock back on to your device and hopefully there's one for your phone. Hope this helps. Keep me posted.

Good luck.

Sent from my Updated and Rooted Razr sliced thin! :)

azdrifter

Reaction score
From what I have read you have to hold the power home and volume buttons until the ally screen comes on and then release the buttons and then it will load the factory recovery menu

OP
L

l3oogie

Reaction score
Power+home+volume is what got me where im at now... im at the first screen of the hard reset. The problem is i cant touch the android icon in the middle of the screen cause there is a force close program popping up. I tired downloading LG Ally Root and Recovery Tool - LG Cell Phones Blog but the link didnt work. Im going to google search root and recovery tool and see if i can find a download through google. Thanks for all the help guys i really do appreciate it.

OP
L

l3oogie

Reaction score
Still no luck with getting anywhere with the phone... im still at the home recovery screen still not being able to do anything but keep force closing program that is screwing with my life right now :) it will be alright tho. Hard work and research will guide me to My smart phone not being such a dumb phone. any other suggestions will help.