.215 back to .211

ted1

Reaction score
Can you go back to .211 from .215 i updated a friends phone too .215 he says it is killing he's battery. So if there is a way please help how can i do it and where can i find what i need to do it thanks.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Droid Forums

MattyP

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Yes it can be done, our fine citizen FoxKat proved it ... you need RSD Lite, and you need the .xml file, and you need the latest Motorola drivers. Let me find it and I will let you know.

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
Ted, did you make sure it was set to LTE/CDMA instead global? That can drain battery fast. There may be an easy fix especially that 215 improves battery. The global data thing may be the only thing you need to try.

Sent from my DROID RAZR Maxx using Droid Forums

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
I agree with Tis, there's NO reason why .215 would CAUSE excess battery consumption. For me and just about everyone else who has installed it, .215 has been a HUGE improvement in all areas of the OS that .211 an all versions before it, as well as .214 were lacking.

By the way, upgrading to .215...remember. FDR, FDR, FDR! Then Meter Training, Meter Training, Meter Training. Battery issues, in NEARLY ALL CASES are NOT caused by the BATTERY and are NOT caused by the OPERATING SYSTEM. In MOST cases, they are due to either failing to do the above, or the Meter being out of sync with the battery's true capacity levels, a rogue application that's gone off it's meds, poor signal strength in 4G areas and having 4G turned on, being in the USA and having Global (GSM) turned on, or any number of OTHER causes, but NOT the OS or the BATTERY.

This can be proven time and time again, by simply reading the threads of "bad battery", "battery sucks", "battery won't hold a charge", "battery on ICS", "battery this", "battery that", "Do I need a new battery", "Do I need a new phone, battery dead", or any number of other threads all with the same common denominator...battery issues, and then seeing that after several troubleshooting steps, FDRs, Meter Training, removal of rogue applications, changing the cellular radio settings, and many other resolution steps, suddenly the OP is singing the praises of their "battery" - the same battery that was "dead" or "defective" before.

Do I think the battery suddenly somehow "fixed" whatever was "wrong" with it? NOOOOOOOO It's a BATTERY for crying out loud, not a drug addict after rehab. :blink:

Nothing against you Ted1, by the way...I just had to get that off my chest. It's the same story almost every day and I wish there was a requirement that before everyone gets to start using their phones, they have to take a couple of these "courses". Kind of like having to successfully navigate around cones and parallel park before getting your license. :biggrin:

What I am saying, Ted, is that going back to .211 may "seem" to "fix" the problems, but I assure you, it's not because .215 is bad and .211 is good. It likely has to do with either one or both of the following two things...
  1. Not doing an FDR either before and/or after the upgrade
  2. Not doing a Meter Training after the upgrade.
But it could also be any number of other issues. Let MattyP and Tis and Sydman help you through the troubleshooting and get your friends phone working better now than it ever did under .211.

Last edited:

MattyP

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I agree with Tis, there's NO reason why .215 would CAUSE excess battery consumption. For me and just about everyone else who has installed it, .215 has been a HUGE improvement in all areas of the OS that .211 an all versions before it, as well as .214 were lacking.

By the way, upgrading to .215...remember. FDR, FDR, FDR! Then Meter Training, Meter Training, Meter Training. Battery issues, in NEARLY ALL CASES are NOT caused by the BATTERY and are NOT caused by the OPERATING SYSTEM. In MOST cases, they are due to either failing to do the above, or the Meter being out of sync with the battery's true capacity levels, a rogue application that's gone off it's meds, poor signal strength in 4G areas and having 4G turned on, being in the USA and having Global (GSM) turned on, or any number of OTHER causes, but NOT the OS or the BATTERY.

This can be proven time and time again, by simply reading the threads of "bad battery", "battery sucks", "battery won't hold a charge", "battery on ICS", "battery this", "battery that", "Do I need a new battery", "Do I need a new phone, battery dead", or any number of other threads all with the same common denominator...battery issues, and then seeing that after several troubleshooting steps, FDRs, Meter Training, removal of rogue applications, changing the cellular radio settings, and many other resolution steps, suddenly the OP is singing the praises of their "battery" - the same battery that was "dead" or "defective" before.

Do I think the battery suddenly somehow "fixed" whatever was "wrong" with it? NOOOOOOOO It's a BATTERY for crying out loud, not a drug addict after rehab. :blink:

:hail::hail::hail:

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
Ted, because it is your friend's phone, he may be anxious for you to change his phone back and it may be difficult to convince him that doing backup, fdr and battery meter training will make his phone better than it ever was. You may want to explain to him that he most likely will still have problems after he goes back to 211 because the fdr and meter training will still need to be done.

He may not believe you... but when he decides that it is a good idea, we can help you with those steps.

Sent from my DROID RAZR Maxx using Droid Forums

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
My name is 94lt1... and I'm a battery hog... :picking at phones charging port:

I've been this way since... um... can I use some battery now?:blink: OK... any way.:rofl3:

OP
ted1

ted1

Reaction score
Thanks for the info i am not a computer or phone wiz so please forgive my lack of knowledge on some of this. But i do know more than most of my friends and family so they look to me for this type of thing. Thank you all for allowing me to come to y'all for advice. Oh and sorry i did a search on this subject before i posted the new thread.

OP
ted1

ted1

Reaction score
So if i do an fdr on my phone am i going to lose the movies i bought from google play?

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
You should be able to move them over to your sdcard.. and then they'll be safe

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
And don't sweat the lack of search or search results...we're NOT like other forums where you get flamed for even thinking about posting something someone else has already posted for. We do encourage use of the search engine, but unfortunately search engines can't read our minds (yet), so even if we THINK we know what to search for, if we're not using the same terms (keywords) as the OP and others in a thread related to what your concerns are, you're likely to have difficulty finding what you want anyway.

This may sound funny, but sometimes when I am looking for something here on our own forums, I go to Google, and sure enough I find the link back to the thread here that I am looking for, even after failing with the internal search. It's a bit unorthodox, but if it works...?

Anyway, let's work together as a team and get both your friend's phone and all the other phones you are now the SPT (Smart Phone Tech - I just made that one up...), for working like aces! :biggrin: