2 questions about purchasing an X

wmscottmc

Reaction score
1) I have heard that Verizon will allow early upgrades, even if our 2 year plan isnt up yet. Has this been confirmed?

2) Will it cost more to purchase the Droid X at a Verizon store? I have read that it may cost $100 less if purchased online.

Thanks.

Trash Can

Reaction score
1) I have heard that Verizon will allow early upgrades, even if our 2 year plan isnt up yet. Has this been confirmed?

2) Will it cost more to purchase the Droid X at a Verizon store? I have read that it may cost $100 less if purchased online.

Thanks.

1. I believe you may upgrade early if your current contract expires any time in 2010.

2. Price is the same, but you get an instant $100 rebate versus doing the mail-in thing if you purchase it in a store.

didiwags

Reaction score
The primary line can do annual upgrades at 11-12months. There is a $20 processing fee though!
This is actually what I am doing to get the X!

plumcrazy

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
i have upgraded as early as 9 1/2 months, its kind of up to the general manager from what ive seen. might have to do with that VIP status they have/had. but 10 months is usually never a problem.

unfortunately it seems every other phone i end up paying in full for though cause i end up getting bored.