2.3.6 update

gmen1818

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me how to download the 2.3.6 update? Cause clicking system update isn't doing it

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

Einsteindks

Reaction score
It ain't official, it's a leaked quasi-official update. Need root and a CWM based recovery bootstrap, and flashing experience.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

nubia

Reaction score
Incorrect, I'm not rooted nor do no anything about bootstrap and I did it. All you need are two zip files, one to get you there and one to bring you back IF needed. Stop scaring people.

Reaction score
Nubia is right. You do not have to be rooted or use CWM recovery. You just download the leaked zip file, place it on your sd card, go into stock recovery and install update. Very easy. Then like he said, there is another zip you can download and do the exact same thing that will take you back to the version you are on now before the leak.

However.... word on the streets is that users have already been getting the official update in a soak test and if they report positive feedback, the rest of RAZR owners will be getting the official ota with a week or two.

Last edited:

nubia

Reaction score
I must report that in the last 48 or so hours I have not lost 4g one time. (unless) I have turned it off myself. Enjoy! I highly recommend it. I was about to jump off a bridge I was so disgusted with the data loss. NOT NOW!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

JohnnytheK

Reaction score
I must report that in the last 48 or so hours I have not lost 4g one time. (unless) I have turned it off myself. Enjoy! I highly recommend it. I was about to jump off a bridge I was so disgusted with the data loss. NOT NOW!

Don't jump throw the phone!

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk

Nyteravyn

Reaction score
How about a link to the 2 files? Dropbox anyone? :)

iguanad

Reaction score
Phone Arena reported that there is a soak test coming for the RAZR. If that is the case, you may want to hold off on updating.

When I had a Droid 2 global the update for gingerbread was leaked. The final version was slightly different than the leak. Those who had the leak had to sbf back to stock then do 2 ota updates to get the final version.

Being patient for a few more weeks might save some headaches later.

tech_head

Silver Member
Reaction score
If you don't know what you are doing, stay away from leaks and ROMS.
I'm so tired of people going to a leak or ROM then complaining that they can't get the OTA.
Learn to go back to stock by RSD or whatever it's called BEFORE you "go off the farm".

jpcalhoun

Reaction score
Phone Arena reported that there is a soak test coming for the RAZR. If that is the case, you may want to hold off on updating.

When I had a Droid 2 global the update for gingerbread was leaked. The final version was slightly different than the leak. Those who had the leak had to sbf back to stock then do 2 ota updates to get the final version.

AMEN...wise advice to any novice who is contemplating "tinkering" at this point. I remember the headaches caused by the leaked Gingerbread and the inability of those who flashed it and then couldn't understand how to SBF back to get the official upgrade when it was released OTA.

Reaction score

I already addressed the soak test and upcoming ota in the third post of this thread.

However, as also mentioned there is no need to sbf back to original stock. There is a zip that reverts from the leak back to the latest ota 748. It is literally a 5 minute process.

Very easy and very safe for anyone to do even the newest of noobs.

jpcalhoun

Reaction score
I already addressed the soak test and upcoming ota in the third post of this thread.

However, as also mentioned there is no need to sbf back to original stock. There is a zip that reverts from the leak back to the latest ota 748. It is literally a 5 minute process.

Is it .748 or a earlier version. I thought it was the original .714 or something like that.