2.2 upgrade

OP
kmo

kmo

Reaction score
At least it's in the works. If they're putting it out there to the media now I really think we are only looking at a couple months. I won't hold my breath but I will be watching the buzz that's going on.

kenkamm

Reaction score
With the Moto Droid, we waited a long time. Since the Incredible has the Sense UI, I can imagine the wait will be even longer. It wouldn't surprise me one bit if it was 3-5 months until we get it.

MiXoLoGiSt

Reaction score
With the Moto Droid, we waited a long time. Since the Incredible has the Sense UI, I can imagine the wait will be even longer. It wouldn't surprise me one bit if it was 3-5 months until we get it.

I highly doubt that. The Incredible is one of the first HTC Devices that will be updated to 2.2 FroYo. My guess is at least a month from now but i highly doubt it will be 3-5 months. By then it will be time for Gingerbread (2.3) to start rolling out which is estimated for Q4 2010.

OP
kmo

kmo

Reaction score
The point is that I'm just glad it's in the works, one month or 5 months, whatever....either way it will be a nice upgrade it seems. I won't speculate on timing but these are signs that the android market is growing and moving fast, so I don't think they will take their time in releasing this to the public.

OP
kmo

kmo

Reaction score
"froyo" 2.2 features>>>Android 2.2 Platform Highlights | Android Developers one thing that caught my eye was Voice dialing over Bluetooth. Hope that's true...also New "car mode" and "night mode" controls and configurations allow applications to adjust their UI for these situations.