2.2 to brick need help please

xPWn3Rx

Reaction score
Hello,
Previously I've owned and rooted, changed ROMS on a CLIQ. I got a Droid x and hopped to Verizon to go from almost no coverage to full 3G coverage in the area I moved to. I got it on release day and rooted it the day the root was released. Today, I tried to install the 2.2 Update.zip that was leaked. I started the update.zip and it looked to be going well. Part way through the update, the phone threw an error and when I rebooted all I get is the Droid log with the eyes then it flashes to the red eye boot screen and reboots. I've wiped the cache, done a factory reset, and tried installing update.zip again from the recovery menu. I stopped by the Verizon store and they told me to use the Motorola Recovery tool online. I started it and let it run, but the battery ran out right as it was verifying the re-build of the firmware.

I have since downloaded and installed the RSD tool and the SBX image. I can't use it because when I put the phone into bootloader mode it says "Battery Low", "Cannot Program" in flashing white writing.

The screen also says CODE CORRUPT on it.

I need to know how to charge the battery so that I can try to use the RSD Lite to fix the problem. Verizon told me in the store that they will replace the phone, but I will have to wait ATLEAST a month to get another.

PLEASE HELP!!!!

phatkat66

Reaction score
im going through the same thing, how do you get into the bootloader menu? (not the recovery)

OP
X

xPWn3Rx

Reaction score
You press volume down and the camera button while turning on the phone. Should give you some white text.

OP
X

xPWn3Rx

Reaction score
OP
X

xPWn3Rx

Reaction score
Un-bricked, re-rooted, updated to 2.2 and downloading apps like a boss. Thank you for your help!

phatkat66

Reaction score
perfect!!! i completely bricked my phone last night now im up and running again. By any chance do you know the number to enter to reactivate your phone? (not the toll free number to the operator but the shortcut number to do it urself)

Troll

Reaction score
so u cant charge while bricked?

so u cant charge while bricked?