2.2 lock screen swip

beebs

Reaction score
does anyone know why I cant activate screen lock without pattern lock on the X. this was not the case with 2.1.

barski

Reaction score
do a hard reset
-shut down phone
-hold power and home keys until a ! point comes up and go to clear/erase user date.
-Let it do it thing, boot it back up and there you go

Gaborik

Reaction score
I tried this. When I do the hard reset there is no option to clear/erase user date

barski

Reaction score
Okay here it is step by step

1. Power off device
2. When device is off press and hold the home and power key until a triangle with a ! in the middle of it shows up.
3. Then press the search key.
4. Use volume keys to scroll down to "wipe data/factory reset"
5. Use camera button to select "wipe data, factory reset"

After that it will do its thing for a bit and it should be good to go, this method fixed mine and a bunch of other people lock screen swipe problems.

I backed up all my apps with Astro file manager ( its free ) before i did the hard reset. Once i had it reset i download astro file manager again and put all my apps back on.

FROYO IS NICE!

Gaborik

Reaction score
Success! Froyo is fast, but there is no way you should have to do a factory reset to get the screenlock function to work. That's just bad QA.

ejcrossl

Reaction score
If you select pattern lock after doing the reset, does it restrict you from going back again? I am having an issue where when the screen is locked and I get an incoming call, the slide to answer feature is not active. I can only have slide to unlock plus pattern lock, or no unlock at all currently.

Last edited: