2.1 update bugs...bug fix coming soon?

Status
Not open for further replies.

celphtitled

Reaction score
do you guys think verizon will have a bug fix for 2.1? It seems alot of people are having some kind of 2.1 issue.

I really think this update seems like a test, to see how it does out on the open?

i hope so, cause this 2.1 update is really disappointing.

mjs31

Reaction score
I don't have the official download version of 2.1 since I am the other type of Droid owner, but I believe the fact that it is named 2.1 update 1 leads me to believe they have others in store. I have yet to find a single update on any phone, or other device for that matter, that didn't have bugs. Unfortunately I also believe the best way to find those bugs is via mass install like sending it out to the group. The hard part is not so much the bug that everyone has, but rather the one that a smaller percentage have while others don't.

ShowTime

Reaction score
What kind of 2.1 issues are you having? I have yet to encounter any real 2.1 specific bugs I can think of off the top of my head. So far so good.

iPirate

Reaction score
I haven't had any problems with 2.1

in my personal OPINION, the "update1" might be for when they add flash, it would be "update2"

my opinion based on absolutely nothing.

jsh1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
Typically a release is numbered X.X.X or X.X.XX. I suspect that the atypical numbering of the 2.1 update was simply to avoid confusion between 2.1.0 and 2.0.1.

That's not to suggest that there are no further updates in this series. It's just that the usual numbering of most series in computer lingo starting with a 0 has not been adopted in this case because, I suspect, most consumers aren't familiar with the practice and the similarity in numbers between the last version and the current version could be confusing, especially to the dyslectic. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.