2.1 (unofficial) to 2.1 (official) Ideas?

adam_moseley

Reaction score
The other night I rooted and upgraded manually to the 2.1 (unofficial) update for my droid, and I got really sick and tired of how slow it was compared to the 2.0.1. So I tried everything humanly possible to change it back to the stock 2.0.1 android system, and nothing worked. (When i did the update, I forgot to save a backup of the original system, so I do not have any way of going back, and also did not want to do too much as to brick my phone.) Anyways, I really need to know (if anybody knows) if the official 2.1 update will be easy to upgrade to with my rooted and update droid already. Will it be able to update? I am really hoping it is easier to upgrade then to downgrade, but if anybody has any ideas on how to downgrade it back to 2.0.1 (without me having an original backup and get rid of the nandroid system) or if I will even be able to update at the end of the month! Please help!

actrack03

Reaction score
I'm hope that by the time 2.1 is available officially there will be a 2.1.1 or something else cool. I know these unofficial ones aren't bug free but I don't mind being a guinea pig if it means I always have the newest!

R

RAWR IM A DROID RAWR

So what was your reason for not saving the backup of your phone?