2.1 ROM + Working Wireless Tether

ChevyNo1

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
OK, I have managed to get all aspects of android-wireless-tether working in 2.1 with no hacks. I've even deprecated my Helper app ;) It is no longer needed. Encryption still not working, as in 2.0.1, but Access Control now is.

This is a base 2.1 image based off Greek35T's 0.0.41. Only wireless tether has been installed, and it is ready to go! Simply login, start tether app, click start, and network should be visible. This also has the latest tether-2 script provided in this link, to which I owe great thanks for the great information:

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...d-wifi-tether-wireless-tether-root-users.html

With the new tether script the network stays visible also ...

Grab the base nandroid rom here:

*********** - online file sharing and storage - download 2.1-base-wireless-tether-BCDMRS-20100107-1655.zip

I also am working on a batch script to enable tethering in your existing roms, as I know a lot of you don't want to lose your apps/settings ... almost done with that as well and will upload soon. Will be very easy for noobs (no linux commands to enter, pretty much run a batch script in windows and answer a few questions).

H

hydrogenman

OK, I have managed to get all aspects of android-wireless-tether working in 2.1 with no hacks. I've even deprecated my Helper app ;) It is no longer needed. Encryption still not working, as in 2.0.1, but Access Control now is.

This is a base 2.1 image based off Greek35T's 0.0.41. Only wireless tether has been installed, and it is ready to go! Simply login, start tether app, click start, and network should be visible. This also has the latest tether-2 script provided in this link, to which I owe great thanks for the great information:

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...d-wifi-tether-wireless-tether-root-users.html

With the new tether script the network stays visible also ...

Grab the base nandroid rom here:

*********** - online file sharing and storage - download 2.1-base-wireless-tether-BCDMRS-20100107-1655.zip

I also am working on a batch script to enable tethering in your existing roms, as I know a lot of you don't want to lose your apps/settings ... almost done with that as well and will upload soon. Will be very easy for noobs (no linux commands to enter, pretty much run a batch script in windows and answer a few questions).

thanks, will wait for the batch script

lores35

Reaction score
Excuse my newbie ignorance, can this install and run in 2.01?

Sashin

Reaction score

It's the 2.1 ROM with Wifi Tethering, so no. It's not an addition for 2.0.1, it's a complete upgrade to 2.1(unofficial) plus Wifi Tethering.

Thanks. Can you tell us how to install it? (I've tried searching and its giving me a headache.) Would greatly appreciate it.

krazykid6911

Reaction score
By the sounds of it and the look of the file name, this is installed via Nandroid backup/restore. Follow the directions located in "how to innstall 2.1 - The easy way"

crlsnr

Reaction score

It's the 2.1 ROM with Wifi Tethering, so no. It's not an addition for 2.0.1, it's a complete upgrade to 2.1(unofficial) plus Wifi Tethering.

Thanks. Can you tell us how to install it? (I've tried searching and its giving me a headache.) Would greatly appreciate it.

Follow this how-to, but in step 19 substitute with the OP's attached file.

I've got it running right now and so far so good. Thanks.

naman919

Reaction score

Use this thread and at step 19 use the .zip file posted in this thread instead
http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-hacks/10247-how-install-2-1-easy-way.html

Edit: beat me to it Krazy!

evilgreg

Reaction score
Are there any glitches/bugs or problems with this 2.1 release? I'm wondering if it's finally worth taking the dive or if I should wait for official 2.1.

naman919

Reaction score
Are there any glitches/bugs or problems with this 2.1 release? I'm wondering if it's finally worth taking the dive or if I should wait for official 2.1.

There are a few quirks but honestly i'm sure the official will be very close, if not the exact same, as the ripped 2.1unofficial.

The homescreen is laggy IMO but Home++ works flawlessy on mine and has replaced the stock. Though the stock has a cool 3d app drawer.

Sashin

Reaction score
Yeah I found that guide but I can't download the Droid Root Helper APK
I have the droidroothelp.zip