[2.1 ROM - 1.25Ghz] SS MAJOR Beta ERE25 Build - (3/1/2010)

BostonBill

Reaction score
So I tried the erebuild and am getting bootloop.
Is the patch one I rename update.zip putting it in root of my sdcard without unzipping and do install from sprecovery?
If the above is correct how do I get it on my sdcard when it endlessly boots?

icedroid

Reaction score
I reinstalled root with Sholes Beta0.2b then wiped and and installed >>Chevy's [2.1 ROM - 1.25Ghz] SS MAJOR Beta ERE25 Build....Had to install patch for Market but I'm running full speed with no major problems. Just wondering If and how to put Jit on top of this. Phone flies. Mflops/s : 10.351 all day... I've used everyone of Chevy's Roms thus far and lovin it. Learning as I go. Thanks Chevy and all other developers!

OP
ChevyNo1

ChevyNo1

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
So I tried the erebuild and am getting bootloop.
Is the patch one I rename update.zip putting it in root of my sdcard without unzipping and do install from sprecovery?
If the above is correct how do I get it on my sdcard when it endlessly boots?

You are one of the few that has an issue with the 1.25G kernel - would suggest flashing the 1.1G to get rid of the bootloop. That should happen before you worry about the update.zip (your procedure is correct).

Boot it back into recovery to avoid the bootloop. You can mount your SD from there to your PC. Then you can copy the 1.0 or 1.1 kernel update.zip and install that via SPRecovery. Once you can get it booted, you can apply the patches.zip

EDIT: Post #211 has the 1G kernel - try that first - if that works, you can try the 1.1 if you want

BostonBill

Reaction score
"Boot it back into recovery to avoid the bootloop. You can mount your SD from there to your PC."

I pull the battery, boot into recovery, plug in my usb cable into the computer but no way to mount my sdcard.
???

OP
ChevyNo1

ChevyNo1

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
"Boot it back into recovery to avoid the bootloop. You can mount your SD from there to your PC."

I pull the battery, boot into recovery, plug in my usb cable into the computer but no way to mount my sdcard.
???

In SPRecovery you don't see 'mount options'??

BostonBill

Reaction score

???

How do you spell Duh.?
When the notification window didn't come up......
Sorry the more I do this stuff the more confused I get.
So to be sure, do I extract 1.1 into nandroid and then do advanced restore?

Then rename patch, update.zip (not extracting) and use install?
Got nandroid error 25.
too much for me right now. Maybe I'll try again later.

Doctor

Reaction score

???

How do you spell Duh.?
When the notification window didn't come up......
Sorry the more I do this stuff the more confused I get.
So to be sure, do I extract 1.1 into nandroid and then do advanced restore?

Then rename patch, update.zip (not extracting) and use install?
Got nandroid error 25.
too much for me right now. Maybe I'll try again later.
You have it correct, except that the error #25 means you have the rom folder inside of ANOTHER folder, inside of the nandroid folder. Too many folders deep.

You need the rom folder, containing it's parts, inside of the nandroid folder. I hope this helps..

alienware777

Reaction score
I have. But only briefly. I went down to 1x for about 2 hours, then it fixed itself.

I'm disappointed in only one way here. One, the live wallpapers are not interactive. You cannot play around with them. Like on the nexus, the ribbons come flying in, but you cannot create any by tapping.

Can anyone link to a thread on installing JIT? It's to short for the search bar. Thanks.

Edit: Found it. Here's a link to Jit

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-hacks/19722-jit-noobs.html

OP
ChevyNo1

ChevyNo1

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Keep in mind Verizon is fighting MAJOR network issues today

BullDroid

Reaction score
no signal issues for me at all! Just flashed your 1.1ghz kernel with no problems Chevy!!! Loving this rom and sooooo happy to have my overclocked Droid back! yay!:icon_ banana:

Shadowtech

Reaction score
Aside from my network issues last night, I have not had a single problem with this rom yet. It is so fast and stable, and battery life seems to be just as good or better than all previous 2.0.1 roms, even at 1.2ghz.

BullDroid

Reaction score
Hey Chevy... just curious but would it be possible for you to implement the 360 degree autorotation that Koush had in his 2.1 ROM? I really did enjoy showing that off to peopl not to mention it is useful for viewing things while holding the phone any way you want! And I know you have said you will include the multi touch browser too which I hope will be like the one Koush had in his ROM by far the smoothest best working multi touch browser I have used to date!

I know you are busy I am just making suggestions! i am happy with what I have now and I hope you keep up the good work! I'll try my best to donate soon too (im usually pretty poor :( ) lol

RandomHero

Reaction score
So I've been wanting to root since December. I was too scared but this seemed to be to good to pass up. I went from a non-rooted droid 2.0.1 to this 2.1 ROM last night. Its fast, smooth, and so far completely stable. Except for one thing. My LED doesn't light up. Small price to pay but it would be nice if it worked. Thanks to all who had a hand in it.