[2.1 ROM - 1.25Ghz] SS MAJOR Beta ERE25 Build - (3/1/2010)

topaz330

Reaction score
Hey Chevy,

Awesome ROM! I just switched up from BB 2.1 and this is by far alot more stable. I do have a question for you though. You mentioned that the wifi hack is available on this kernel version but didnt install the app by default. To install do you just follow the old instructions for just installing the app portion or is there a custom way to do this now?

Thanks again,
Zero

Glad you're diggin it!

Yes, all you need to do now is install the wifi-tether (there is no 'hack' anymore):

Downloads - android-wifi-tether - Project Hosting on Google Code

another stupid question, how do i install this?

OP
ChevyNo1

ChevyNo1

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
damnit, i'm stuck at the red eye. i thought it might be the 1.25ghz so i tried to install reinstall 1.0.2 and it took awhile to load and once it did tons of FC's came up but managed to install the update to the sd card. then reboot, reinstalled rom, installed 900mhz kernel still boot loop. would a data wipe help? also when i do the update.zip i tried the 900mhz and just tried the 1.20. i noticed that when installing they both say 1.25. is that normal?

edit: ok once i wiped everything it worked. any figured out how to fix the mybackup pro not showing up in market?

The OP has a patcher you must install for paid apps to show up ...

OP
ChevyNo1

ChevyNo1

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Hey Chevy,

Awesome ROM! I just switched up from BB 2.1 and this is by far alot more stable. I do have a question for you though. You mentioned that the wifi hack is available on this kernel version but didnt install the app by default. To install do you just follow the old instructions for just installing the app portion or is there a custom way to do this now?

Thanks again,
Zero

Glad you're diggin it!

Yes, all you need to do now is install the wifi-tether (there is no 'hack' anymore):

another stupid question, how do i install this?

adb install <filename.apk>

OP
ChevyNo1

ChevyNo1

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Hey Chevy,

Thanks again,
Zero

Hey Chevy,

I have been out of the wifi hack scene for a little while now but I did want to comment that not only does the wifi tether work but I can now successfully connect everytime from my Ubuntu 9.10 laptop which previously I could not connect or receive an ip but not able to send data.

Thanks again!
-Zero

Excellent!

topaz330

Reaction score
damnit, i'm stuck at the red eye. i thought it might be the 1.25ghz so i tried to install reinstall 1.0.2 and it took awhile to load and once it did tons of FC's came up but managed to install the update to the sd card. then reboot, reinstalled rom, installed 900mhz kernel still boot loop. would a data wipe help? also when i do the update.zip i tried the 900mhz and just tried the 1.20. i noticed that when installing they both say 1.25. is that normal?

edit: ok once i wiped everything it worked. any figured out how to fix the mybackup pro not showing up in market?

that i did, everything is showing up that i can notice but mybackup pro.

OP
ChevyNo1

ChevyNo1

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Hey ChevyNo1, any idea why i can't get your rom installed? Take a LQQK at my post above ^

So on your sdcard you should have this:

/sdcard/nandroid/SimplyStunningBeta

In there, you should see boot.img, system.tar, and nandroid.md5.

If that is what you see ... this should work

OP
ChevyNo1

ChevyNo1

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score

that i did, everything is showing up that i can notice but mybackup pro.

I understand it may take some time for all apps to show ... anyone else not seeing mybackup pro?

Topsy

Reaction score
What's the deal with the paid apps?
Cause I downloaded all mine yesterday without having to modify the build.prop at all.
Not sure what the problem was.

adrynalyne

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Its determined on what app it is/vs where its installed at. SOme of mine showed, some didn't until I made the changes.

adrynalyne

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Ok.

So if your app is 2.1 compatible as well, determined by sdk version anyway, it will show up from a search. If its a paid app, it will only show up if its NOT installed to /data/app-private without the build.prop changes. Not all paid apps install here. Beautiful widgets for example, does not.

Basically, I've found the paid apps that will show up without the change are the same ones Astro can back up. The ones marked private by Astro and cannot be backed up are the ones that don't show for me without the change.

Note: I still have a paid app not showing, due to the sdk version in build.prop. Not much can be done about that without going to 2.0.1. Because....changing it to 6 in 2.1 tends to stop you from booting :D

Topsy

Reaction score
I believe the ones that install to app-private are just apps that don't allow other apps to access it. Don't run any of those, but it makes sense.

As for the the 2.0.1 apps not showing for 2.1, they are most likely not 2.1 compatible, the developer would have to fix that.