[2.1 ROM - 1.25Ghz] SS MAJOR Beta ERE25 Build - (3/1/2010)

Shadowtech

Reaction score
Has anyone run into an issue with this rom not wanting to connect to mobile data? I had the phone working perfectly over wifi, and decided to see how 3g worked. Sadly, once I disabled wifi I could get no data whatsoever. Under About Phone > Status .. for mobile network it just gets stuck on connecting, or disconnected. I really love this rom, but if I can't get data going when I have no wifi access... it's just not usable.

alienware777

Reaction score
Ok so I just turned my phone on, it was off overnight. First thing I noticed keyboared backlight works. And I'm just gonna say, the no texts was a user error. The keyboard has me worried though. It just randomly works all of a sudden.... one last thing. Running at 1.25 is unstable. It crashed 4 times on me when I was trying to turn it off.

mrnelson86

Reaction score
Ok so I just turned my phone on, it was off overnight. First thing I noticed keyboared backlight works. And I'm just gonna say, the no texts was a user error. The keyboard has me worried though. It just randomly works all of a sudden.... one last thing. Running at 1.25 is unstable. It crashed 4 times on me when I was trying to turn it off.

Yeah everything works for me, including running at 1.25 ghz, some phones can't hack it above 1.2 ghz though, chevy has another kernel you can try for a lower clock speed... The only issue I have had was a game called papaya farm disconnecting and kicking me off, but I'm not convinced it is the ROM or the kernel, could just be my home wifi connection

zerosignal0

Reaction score
Hey Chevy,

Awesome ROM! I just switched up from BB 2.1 and this is by far alot more stable. I do have a question for you though. You mentioned that the wifi hack is available on this kernel version but didnt install the app by default. To install do you just follow the old instructions for just installing the app portion or is there a custom way to do this now?

Thanks again,
Zero

Yes, all you need to do now is install the wifi-tether (there is no 'hack' anymore):

Downloads - android-wifi-tether - Project Hosting on Google Code

Hey Chevy,

I have been out of the wifi hack scene for a little while now but I did want to comment that not only does the wifi tether work but I can now successfully connect everytime from my Ubuntu 9.10 laptop which previously I could not connect or receive an ip but not able to send data.

Thanks again!
-Zero

Shadowtech

Reaction score
Has anyone run into an issue with this rom not wanting to connect to mobile data? I had the phone working perfectly over wifi, and decided to see how 3g worked. Sadly, once I disabled wifi I could get no data whatsoever. Under About Phone > Status .. for mobile network it just gets stuck on connecting, or disconnected. I really love this rom, but if I can't get data going when I have no wifi access... it's just not usable.

Ignore this... it seems that Verizon is having network issues in my area.. the girlfriends Eris isn't connecting either.. /sigh Verizon..

So with that said.. great rom!

Droid#64

Reaction score
Chevy if ya have a sec can you point me in the right way to switch to your rom, like a step by step direction link, really want to run yours but dont want to use wrong procedure real new at this, only have had my handset 9-10 days, THANK YOU SIR!!!!
Patrick Camaro67z@gmail.com

zerosignal0

Reaction score
Chevy if ya have a sec can you point me in the right way to switch to your rom, like a step by step direction link, really want to run yours but dont want to use wrong procedure real new at this, only have had my handset 9-10 days, THANK YOU SIR!!!!
Patrick Camaro67z@gmail.com
If you dont have it installed already look into installing nandroid. Once you have that then you extract the install folder onto your sdcard "/sdcard/nandroid/chevys_rom_folder". You then reboot your phone into the nandroid boot screen, power off then hold X and power button when powering back on. Then make a backup of your current configuration through nandroid, when thats completed wipe/erase "factory defaults" your phone and then goto the backup/restore menu and choose the folder with chevys rom in it and install.

Thats about it in a nutshell but there are tutorials all over the board if you still need more.

-Z

Droid#64

Reaction score
Thats what I missed was the wipe/factory defaults I didnt do that after I installed chevys after reboot it did nothing. So go into setup do a anvanced backup first then get into wipe/factory defaults, then load his rom and then it should work? Sorry if newb here.. THANK YOU Z..!!!

zerosignal0

Reaction score
Thats what I missed was the wipe/factory defaults I didnt do that after I installed chevys after reboot it did nothing. So go into setup do a anvanced backup first then get into wipe/factory defaults, then load his rom and then it should work? Sorry if newb here.. THANK YOU Z..!!!
Yep thats all you need to do. You actually dont even have to do a advanced backup but it yields the same thing by default. Your welcome :icon_ banana:

Droid#64

Reaction score
Thanks again, will try it in a bit when I get my nervousness gone a little...one more quick thing, to go back to SG V5 same routin??

Doctor

Reaction score
I can't seem to get this to install. Here's what I did:
SPRecovery 0.99.3b
Reboot recovery, factory wipe
Advanced nandroid restore /SimplyStunning-v2.0.0-Beta (folder contains boot.img, system.tar, nandroid.md5)
Restore: Boot-Data-System (also tried to restore just Boot & System, as there's no Data included.
Get error 25

Any help would be greatly appreciated, as this is the first of ChevyNo1's roms I've installed, and would really like to like it!

Droid#64

Reaction score
Yep thats all you need to do. You actually dont even have to do a advanced backup but it yields the same thing by default. Your welcome :icon_ banana:

I can't seem to get this to install. Here's what I did:
SPRecovery 0.99.3b
Reboot recovery, factory wipe
Advanced nandroid restore /SimplyStunning-v2.0.0-Beta (folder contains boot.img, system.tar, nandroid.md5)
Restore: Boot-Data-System (also tried to restore just Boot & System, as there's no Data included.
Get error 25

Any help would be greatly appreciated, as this is the first of ChevyNo1's roms I've installed, and would really like to like it!

Error 25 for me has been file name to long?? Or I also heard to many files in nandroid folder? I just shortened file name when I had that error and rom went right in, good luck your super close!!

Doctor

Reaction score
Thanx for the quick reply, but that didn't do it either. I only have my most recent backup from today, and ChevyNo1's folder in there. any chance it's because I'm running SPRecovery 0.99.3b?

topaz330

Reaction score
damnit, i'm stuck at the red eye. i thought it might be the 1.25ghz so i tried to install reinstall 1.0.2 and it took awhile to load and once it did tons of FC's came up but managed to install the update to the sd card. then reboot, reinstalled rom, installed 900mhz kernel still boot loop. would a data wipe help? also when i do the update.zip i tried the 900mhz and just tried the 1.20. i noticed that when installing they both say 1.25. is that normal?

edit: ok once i wiped everything it worked. any figured out how to fix the mybackup pro not showing up in market?